CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 18277
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trying to figure out LOFT command in Progecad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
masterPLans View Drop Down

Using: autocad, softplan,
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masterPLans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trying to figure out LOFT command in Progecad
    Posted: 26.Jan.2023 at 01:51
The loft command is supposed to follow a path if so chosen but I can't get it to follow the path.  I pick the templates in correct order then hit enter as told in help.  This is supposed to bring up another option dialog but instead a loft is created from the picked templates when I am supposed to get the option to pick guide or path.

philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philippe JOSEPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26.Jan.2023 at 08:28
Hello masterPLans, the LOFT command will joint 2 regions without following any path.
If you want to follow a path you will have to use SWEEP along a path or EXTRUDE with the option path.
I'm not sure but those 2 commands will not allow you to get an evolutive shape along that path or it will be conformably to some AutoCAD releases.
Eventually see my AutoCAD file : 3D_SOLIDS_01.dwg here in the site at the CAD/BIM Blocks library that explains the mains 3D commands.

Edited by philippe JOSEPH - 26.Jan.2023 at 08:31
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Connor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26.Jan.2023 at 16:16
Did you specify a guide?  Guides can be 2D polylines with a single segment, 3D polylines, lines, arcs, elliptical arcs, 2D and 3D splines and edges of entities.  From the user's manual comes this bit of advice:

To create a lofted solid or surface using guides

Choose Guides.

Select guide curves or [Join multiple edges]: Select guide curves to shape the loft; guide curves must intersect each cross section and begin and end at the first and last cross section. Guide curves determine the shape of the resulting three-dimensional entity.

To combine multiple edges into a cross section, choose Join multiple edges, then select the edges.

Edited by John Connor - 26.Jan.2023 at 16:17
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philippe JOSEPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27.Jan.2023 at 16:07
Hello masterPLans and John, I have tried to have access to that guides option but only found it after the "standard" loft between 2 surfaces and it made the lofted solid disappear.
I did the test on my AutoCAD file : 3D_SOLIDS_01.dwg.
I had made a 2D polyline as a guide.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philippe JOSEPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31.Jan.2023 at 13:48
Hello masterPLans and John, I have place in the CAD/BIM Blocks library here in the site the AutoCAD file : VELO2009plus+.dwg to show what I can do with EXTRUDE along a path with an angle bur still don't succeed in lofting using guide...
I had made this file in 2009 of a 3D bicycle and the EXTRUDE along a path with angle is to modelize the front fork.
PLZ help us.
masterPLans View Drop Down

Using: autocad, softplan,
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masterPLans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.Feb.2023 at 04:30
THanks for the answers.
I kept working with the loft command in Prodgecad and found that a slightly less complicated example worked so I assume that my first try had an error in it.  Maybe I was trying to loft an impossibility.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philippe JOSEPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05.Feb.2023 at 17:25
Hello masterPLans and John, I have taken a look at the internet and found answers in a tutorial from  Wolfgang WALDEN : Loft with Guides - Autocad 2020 Training - Surfaces
The "guides" are available with a right clic just after the end of the LOFT command at the right time.
I thought that those guides were to LOFT along a path but it's "only" to improve the tranformation of the border of the loft from the first to the second shape, for example if your 2 shapes don't have the same number of facets.
On the other hand with the LOFT command it's possible to change the "law" of the lofted shape between the 2 shapes by acting on the properties panel ( Ctrl + 1 ).
yogiji5561 View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2023
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogiji5561 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06.May.2023 at 10:59
I thought that those guides were to LOFT along a path but it's "only" to improve the tranformation of the border of the loft from the first to the second shape, for example if your 2 shapes don't have the same number of facets.

yogiji5561 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogiji5561 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.May.2023 at 14:57
I kept working with the loft command in Prodgecad and found that a slightly less complicated example worked so I assume that my first try had an error in it.  Maybe I was trying to loft an impossibility.  https://ppssppgold.one/
https://pikashow.fyi/

TECH 011 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TECH 011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23.May.2023 at 10:08
exactly

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic