CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 6972
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AutoCAD Rubble Linetype

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
prnv_5 View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2019
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prnv_5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AutoCAD Rubble Linetype
    Posted: 28.Feb.2023 at 11:01
Hi all,

Autocad 2019 user here.

Looking for a custom linetype for Autocad. Require a broken line, almost like a rubble wall outline. 

Edited by prnv_5 - 28.Feb.2023 at 11:08
Kent Cooper View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2020, 2023
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Cooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01.Mar.2023 at 15:37
Image, please.  It sounds like something that will require Shape inclusions.
prnv_5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prnv_5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.Mar.2023 at 11:41
Hello, 

Thanks for your reply. Attaching an autocad file here for your reference. uploads/926537/Rubble_sample.dwg

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Cooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.Mar.2023 at 17:36
That would definitely need to be done with Shape inclusions, but I don't think you'd like the way it would work at bends, straight walls that are not just the right length, curves, etc.  It's just not in the nature of custom linetypes to work well in that kind of situation.  See the image at >this post<.

And if you want both the upper and lower edges in one linetype, you would need a repetition in the lower edge [I don't see any] at the same interval as the apparent repetition in the upper edge.

For the lower edge independent of the upper edge, you can try the WPL command in WobblyPline.lsp, >here<.  But it doesn't use a custom linetype -- it just makes a Polyline that wobbles randomly relative to the defined path.
prnv_5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prnv_5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03.Mar.2023 at 05:47
Hi, 

Sorry, I am unable to view or download either of those links in your post. But in principle I think that's correct, even if there's a polyline that wobbles randomly relative to a predefined path, that would work for me. 

I think I came across another post on the Autodesk community forum (https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/visual-lisp-autolisp-and-general/draw-a-quot-fuzzy-quot-line/td-p/2340241) where you posted a similar solution? 

I would still like to try the WPL command in the WobblyPline.lsp but can't access the file so far.

Thanks for your help.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Cooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08.Mar.2023 at 13:36
uploads/353260/WobblyPLine.lsp

And here's a portion of the image from the other link, where the shape is a sort-of straight thing that doesn't behave well on curves, and its length doesn't always fit lengths of Lines or Polyline segments:

Edited by Kent Cooper - 08.Mar.2023 at 13:49

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Cooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10.Mar.2023 at 13:38
Originally posted by prnv_5 prnv_5 wrote:

Hi, 
....  I think I came across another post on the Autodesk community forum ... where you posted a similar solution? ....

Yes, the last offering there is the same routine, but the one I uploaded here (link in my previous reply) is a slightly newer version (I don't recall what was changed).
ptolar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptolar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12.Apr.2023 at 21:00
Dear Kent,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to request your assistance in modifying your Wobblypline. Specifically, I need to be able to make multiple selections at once using the Lisp.

The Wobblypline Lisp has been an incredibly useful tool in my work, allowing me to create hand sketch-like curves and shapes with ease. However, as my projects have become more complex, I have encountered a need to select multiple entities at once, and a window function would be outstanding!

I understand that modifying the Lisp to allow for multiple selections may require some time and effort on your part, but I would be very grateful for any help you can offer. If possible, could you provide instructions on how to modify the Lisp or send me updated code?

I would be happy to discuss any questions or concerns you may have regarding this request. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards, Philip

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Cooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12.Apr.2023 at 21:19
My biggest question:  Would the multiple objects always be of at least similar length?

It would not take much to make the current version allow selection of multiple objects if they can all be wobblyized into the same number of segments.  But is that going to be appropriate for all of them?  For a source object A that is five times as long as object B, the wobblyized segments in the result would be five times as long for A as for B, and the randomizing of vertex positions five times as large.

It would be more work, though certainly possible, to change it so that it uses a given (rounded) average segment length, from which it would need to calculate the number of segments separately for each object, leaving the wobblyized "look" similar for all of them.

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic