CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 8286
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crash in block editor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MaxMax18 View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2023
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaxMax18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crash in block editor
    Posted: 04.May.2023 at 14:36
When AutoCAD crashes, it's bad. I'm looking for a solution to a similar problem. i hope i can find it here
Vladimir Michl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Arkance Systems CZ

Using: Autodesk software
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladimir Michl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28.Mar.2023 at 16:33
Make sure you have your AutoCAD updated with the latest Updates and Hotfixes for your version and check if the DWG file is a real DWG file, not just a file with a .DWG extension saved by some AutoCAD clone/fake.

Edited by Vladimir Michl - 28.Mar.2023 at 16:34
Vladimir Michl (moderator)
Arkance Systems - arkance-systems.cz - Autodesk reseller
Joe1969 View Drop Down

Using: AotoCAD2021
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28.Mar.2023 at 16:21
Hi. It doesn't since it's no longer in the Block Editor. uploads/928965/Capture2.pdf
J.Legrand
Kent Cooper View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2020, 2023
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Cooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28.Mar.2023 at 13:50
If you were in BEDIT rather than REFEDIT at the time of the crash, the command name to close that is BCLOSE.  [No guarantee that it will work under the circumstances, but ....]
philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philippe JOSEPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27.Mar.2023 at 10:25
I also forgot : rename your XXX.bak in XXX-1.dwg and see what it looks inside.
See the date, hours , minutes of it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philippe JOSEPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27.Mar.2023 at 10:16
REFCLOSE ?
BEDIT if you were in the block editor and not in REFEDIT.
Have you launch an AUDIT on your file ?
Eventually search for your ***.sv$ automatically saved files.
If you have suffered a crash you should open AutoCAD and RECOVER your file.

Edited by philippe JOSEPH - 27.Mar.2023 at 10:20
Joe1969 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27.Mar.2023 at 09:32
When I open the file, I see only the block and the rest has disappeared but the file size is still the same.
J.Legrand
Joe1969 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27.Mar.2023 at 09:30
Hi. Thanks a lot but it does not work unfortunately.
J.Legrand

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philippe JOSEPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27.Mar.2023 at 08:24
Hello Joe1969, try the command : REFCLOSE.
Joe1969 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26.Mar.2023 at 21:03
Hi everybody. Can someone help me in recovering my file. In fact my AutoCAd crashed while I was in the block editor and when I have recovered the file I see only the block without being able to exit the block editor. can soemone help pls?
J.Legrand

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic