CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 10010
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOLE Objects

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alavalle View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: OLE Objects
    Posted: 02.Mar.2009 at 21:12
Hello everyone,

I have encountered that working with OLE objects can get very disturbing at some point.  My questions are: 

Can you edit an OLE object (such as a Word Document) in ACAD and update at the same time in the file being referenced.

When I insert a word doc. or excel spread sheet as an OLE object, the object will display only 3 pages, but my word document/spread sheet is 20 pages.  How can I edit the object to see the rest of the sheets?

Any help would be greatly appreciated since it would make my burden so much lighter.Big%20smile
Adrian Lavalle, Designer
msplcdykee69 View Drop Down

Using: Civil 3D, Map, Inventor, Mechanical, & Electrical
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.Mar.2009 at 22:39

i insert a lot of excel spreadsheets in Civil 3D 2008 and the way i find works is to window and copy what information in word or excel your wanting in your drawing then in CAd go to the edit tool bar and paste special. this will link your document or excel spreadsheet in your drqawing so if you make chages in the document/excel it will update in the drawing.  I hope this helps

Alavalle View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06.Mar.2009 at 21:58
It works but i still have the problem of the document showing up incomplete and for some reason it wont crop the OLE to show the rest of the document (specialy with word or PDF files).  Thanks anyway
Adrian Lavalle, Designer

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic