CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 6603
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2d Pics for AutoCad 3d / Rendering

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jmnueva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2d Pics for AutoCad 3d / Rendering
    Posted: 15.Mar.2009 at 09:24
Did you know that 2d pics can be added to 3d model using latest cad release? sure it can! it will actually appears 3d when rendered and it also reflects shadow. i'm not talking about bacgrounds, e.g. motorbikes, cars, people, and etc.. actually it was easier doing it on older version of cad, not sure if it is r14. can't see it now in cad08, but it can be done..if interested...i'll show you how

Edited by jmnueva - 15.Mar.2009 at 09:53
cssltd View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16.Mar.2009 at 13:22

Hi

are you talking about any 2d object being able to be converted to 3d? if you are i would be interested in hearing how this can be done as i am trying to covert a 2d drawing of pipes, fittings and a pump into 3d and cant seem to be able to get it to work.

would be good to hear how this can be done!

thanks

css
jmnueva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17.Mar.2009 at 01:40

Hi!

No, you can't do that in Acad, you really need to do the 3D drawings of the pipes. What I'm trying to tell everybody is that a regular high res pictures can be incorporated with 3D drawings and when the 3D is rendered, the 2D pics inserted will have a realistic 3D look because it reflects shadow too.

Sorry that this topic won't help you.

jmnueva

jmnueva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17.Mar.2009 at 01:46
I'd like to post the PDF procedures here about "2d pics for acad 3d / Rendering" so everybody can see how. Can anybody tell me how?

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic