CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 13776
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMaking money from Autocad!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
manich44 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Making money from Autocad!
    Posted: 11.Jul.2009 at 16:34
Hi,
Once knowledgable enough I intend to have a go working for myself.As anyone started a business drawing up plans etc with Autocad.If so how did you go about finding work, what do you consider realistic earnings potential etc.

Thanks...MarkSmile

Edited by manich44 - 11.Jul.2009 at 16:35
JakeBanman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Jul.2009 at 17:15

I have the same desire as you; put in some time with architecture companies then begin to produce drawings on my own.

Due to our sliding economy I had a slight issue finding work for my college mandated co-op term (I got lucky and was able to return to the architecture firm I was at the year before) but I did preform my first solo design job prior to begining work; which was a small 2-storey apartment complex in Cuba.

I did everything from basic floor plans, elevations and details to 3D renderings in Revit; I also included a standard set of documents so the owner could take it for aproval directly.

All in all it was good for around $1,200; spent nearly 80 hours on the job; which as a student was a great help. I also started designing a website showcasing my abilities, some pre-planed things like sun-rooms ect.

The best way to go about doing this is creating flyers, talking to locals in the industry that sorta thing to see whats out there; setting up a webpage can expand your market too!

Good luck Mark Smile
~JAKE BANMAN~
Civil Tech.
bryanfuller View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19.Aug.2009 at 21:19
I have also want to earn by utilizing my drawing skills.  But there are  no any free lance site, where we can find cad designing work.
Please share, if you know any such free lance site, which can provide us cad related work.
glazier View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14.Sep.2009 at 01:32
If you are looking to make money with Auto cad there is many ways, when i first started i did shop drawings for different companies in the curtain wall industry, you can do them in many industries. If you go to my website at www.glazierscenter.com there are many companies listed, another good way to get work is by signing up to linked-in. there are many architectural firms and other such companies looking for help. if you go to my profile at glazierscenter i have a group and there are people looking all the time.
MathewBracken View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17.Apr.2010 at 07:36
It's really good work. As anyone started a business drawing up plans etc with Autocad.
Tankman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17.Apr.2010 at 23:00
Been working from home, for myself, since 1995.

I suggest specialize drawing what you know best.
Telecommute is possible, *.pdf's and/or *.dwg's and email.

Check all help wanted for CAD positions and apply.

Good luck! Wink
Tankman

"When the well's dry, we'll all know the value of water."
chastua View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2000
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.May.2010 at 23:35
I worked with a well known architect who was old school and didn't know
cad. He was a neighbor so I was able to work out of my home for about a year. I enjoyed it. Beware of contractors though. Make sure you meet directly with the client, no go-betweens, and be sure you date everything and keep good records. Big%20smile
once more, into the breach dear friends

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic