CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 6931
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedViewport Slice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wbtrimble View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viewport Slice
    Posted: 12.Jan.2010 at 15:23
I have a 3d object and within a layout, I need to show 3 orthogonal views of it and also a viewport showing a slice of the object. I have a long triangular object and I just need to show the outline of the front triangle with two legs sticking downward. Because the object is long, I can't get a good Front view of it because of  many legs that run down the object. How can I show, in one viewport, a portion or a slice of my object, but leave the actual object unaffected so the complete object is shown in the other viewports. I tried SECTIONPLANE command and saved it under a new layer, but the effects of it shows up in other viewports even when I freeze that layer in the other view ports?
 I also tried SLICE command but to the same result.

Any help is greatly Appreciated! Thanks!

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic