CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 7062
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBy Layer Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
domsib View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2010
Direct Link To This Post Topic: By Layer Problem
    Posted: 26.Aug.2010 at 11:21
I'm working on a drawing where all items are on layers set to colour 8. However the majority have had the colours changed in the object colour dropdown box. I have exactly 23676 items to now change back to bylayer so that all colours show as colour 8. The problem I have is when I 'select all' the object colour dropdown shows they are all by layer and therefore wont let me change them all at once. I have even tried changing them to red, yellow etc just to see if they change but they dont. I can however select a small group and then it will let me change these all together.
Is there any solution to changing all these at once because going through the drawing highlighting small areas and changing them is going to take me an eternity and I have four drawings the same.

Thanks
CarlB View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26.Aug.2010 at 18:41
Try using the command "change" or "chprop" on the command line.

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic