CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 12321
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAutoCAD 3D solid - help needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Topic: AutoCAD 3D solid - help needed
    Posted: 02.Feb.2011 at 13:09
Thanks for the image.  Not as all as I pictured it.  Looks like you solved it all on your own.  Good job.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Kajito View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.Feb.2011 at 12:24
I have found solution I think (based on this video I found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt1NnpwE3As ) 
I have created sides by "loft" command. Than the diffcult top capping by "patch" (althought it is not exact shape but fairly similar), than bottom surface, and "monted together by the "sculpt" command. Now I have the solid.
I dont have a clue how would I do it in 2006, but 2011 does the job.

>John, this is the pic:
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.Feb.2011 at 12:06
Can you post the drawing so we could take a look at it?
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Kajito View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.Feb.2011 at 11:01
Hi all,

I'd like to ask for help with the following. I'm not new to Autocad, but I don't use 3D very often. I've been asked to try to calculate volume of a solid that is not as simple as it seems. I managed to draw it as 3D faces but I'm not able to create solid out of it so that I could get the volume.
Here is simplified solid description:
Bottom polygon with 5 sides in one plane. The same top polygon above but each corner with different height (z coordination).
(This is a roof layout and the top ploygon represents insulation in slope. The exercise is to calculate amount of water the roof could carry.)

I have access to 2006 & 2011
thank you for any suggestion

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic