CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 6844
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedcan anyone help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04.Feb.2011 at 16:12
Speculation?  Maybe you can use that vast knowledge of yours to enlighten the people over at AutoDesk then.  First start with this link re: 3ds Max and look right under where it says Autodesk 3ds Max Products.
Note how it mentions powerful 3D rendering capabilities and read what it also says about shading and texturing.
Then take yourself over to the page for Inventor and look where it says Autodesk Inventor Products.  Note that it says nothing about using Inventor for architectural design while going on to mention mechanical design for example.
I see you do not have the courage to stand behind your statements.  The challenge still remains.  Post the exact same question, word for word, at all of the AutoCAD help sites I mentioned above and let the users respond.  I'll check each one and after a week I'll come back here and post the results.  If I am wrong I'll admit it.  $100 says I'm right.  Put up or shut up.

"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

tulip3D View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2011, Inventor2011
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04.Feb.2011 at 16:19
Angry
You never used ANYTHING other than acad. You said so yourself. Give the poor OP facts. Not what you read off the internet.

put up or shut up? what are you some sort of sissy azz CAD ganster?LOL
Take that Censored to another site, terminator.
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04.Feb.2011 at 16:28

Just as I thought.  No spine.

Not willing to let your peers cast their own votes?  Not too sure they'll come through for you?  If you are the one posting the question then I cannot influence the results.  What could be more fair?

Why not post one of your 3D architectural visualizations created with Inventor?  We can all be amazed at your prowess.

Karl...it's all your decision.  Makes no never-mind to me.

Peace out.

Edited by John Connor - 05.Feb.2011 at 13:10
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Cad64 View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2011, 3DS Max 2011, Photoshop CS5
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04.Feb.2011 at 16:36
I've never heard anyone talk about using Inventor for architectural renderings before. In fact, every image I've seen online, of projects done in Inventor, have been some sort of mechanical device, cars, motorcycles, equipment, etc. Do you have any examples of architectural renderings that you can point me to? I would like to see the quality and see how it compares to Max. For my money, Max beats all other programs for high end photo realistic architectural rendering, hands down. But I always like to see what other programs can do.
Online Portfolio: http://www.rdeweese.com/
HAWDesigner View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD R14, AutoCAD 2009, AutoCAD 2010
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05.Feb.2011 at 16:06
karlt83, REVIT is what you need, don't waste your time on anything else. The name of the software is Autodesk Revit Architecture for a reason.

As far as learning goes, you might be better off taking a formal class on the subject. I think this would probably be the quickest and easiest way. Or, you can google "revit tutorials" and start there.

Good Luck!!

Edited by HAWDesigner - 05.Feb.2011 at 16:07
--
R. Williams
AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional
<!-- If all else fails hit F1 -->
<<AutoCAD 2009
Quagga View Drop Down

Using: autocad 2012, inventor 2012, solidworks 2011
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16.Feb.2011 at 12:14
I would try Revit Architecture, not thst much of a learnig curve, if you are allready in this field. I had no trouble with the basic's, and I came from the mechanical side, i.e. Acad. and Inventor.

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic