CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 18971
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed3ds max error opening on the icon and error win7

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09.Feb.2011 at 12:32
You might try posting your question at the AutoDesk Discussion Forums.  I believe there is a forum for 3ds Max users.

That was very discouraging.  I just checked the forum and there is practically no activity in it at all.  Forget that idea.

Are you on Subscription?

If there were any updates to 3ds Max did you download and install them?

What are the specs on the computer you are using?

Have you tried Repairing the installation (not uninstalling/reinstalling)?

Edited by John Connor - 09.Feb.2011 at 12:43
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Tamara001 View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD006, AutoCAD2008, 3ds Max 2011,
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09.Feb.2011 at 14:25
lol I had looked at the forum autodesk noticed the same thing
alias in other forums as well and all I found were unanswered questions lol.
I'm not in the Subscription.

Operating System: 32 Bits
windows 7 professional
Processor: intel core 2 duo
RAM: 4 GB (3.12 GB available)

I have tried to repair the installation plus uninstall, install again, clean records, formatsthe computed only miss but do not know how to do that I would not dare.
a girl in another forum with the same problem as mine just that it not only opened theprogram, she tried to do everything and even formatted the computer but did not work.
TAMARA
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09.Feb.2011 at 14:35
Do NOT reformat your hard drive.  I don't think you need to go that far.  Your system specs look OK for the most part.  What are you using for graphics display?  Is it an onboard graphics chip or a dedicated graphics card?
Maybe during the downloading of the software something got corrupted.  Perhaps you should request the program on a DVD.
Do you use a Registry cleaner?
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Cad64 View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2011, 3DS Max 2011, Photoshop CS5
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09.Feb.2011 at 21:32
You said you uninstalled and reinstalled, but did you try uninstalling all Autodesk products in order to do a clean install, as outlined here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

I had trouble running Max 2011 on Win 7 at home, but simply setting the program to run as administrator solved that problem. But I have not had any problems running 2011 on Win 7 at work.

Online Portfolio: http://www.rdeweese.com/
Tamara001 View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD006, AutoCAD2008, 3ds Max 2011,
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10.Feb.2011 at 20:02
John tried to repair the program through the cd but had no result.
I believe that something is preventing malfunction. I saw on a forum a way to find out what was that error, but has no way to fix it.
Cad64 then did the uninstall but not all Autodesk products that only comes with 3ds max.I use AutoCAD 2006 on this machine. as I am without the cd now can not uninstallbecause I use a lisp that works well only in CAD2006 the other does not work then it isdifficult to uninstall all Autodesk products.
but keep trying, trying and trying rsrsrsrsr
TAMARA

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic