CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 8566
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSelect Similiar Command Not Working.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shanu View Drop Down

Using: Autocad Mep 2009
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Select Similiar Command Not Working.
    Posted: 21.Apr.2011 at 09:43

Hi,

Hope you all are very well,

Dears,

As we are a mep cad team in working in a private firm using AutocadMep-2009, My problem is we are mostly using one of command that "Select similar" recently one  of my colleague has upgrade to  his AutoCAD Mep 2009 to 2010, we are working project navigator, after he is using Mep-2010 with any file, we can’t get the select similar option, whenever we enter the command it’s showing “command not allowed because drawing contains object from a newer version of this application” is there is any way to get this command,

Hope someone will help out me!!! also if you anyone know any script to this command, pls share

Thanks

Shan

John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21.Apr.2011 at 11:51
Can you pinpoint what objects from a newer version were incorporated into the drawing(s)?  Maybe they have to be stripped out for Select Similar to work properly.  Could they be included by Xref instead?
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

shanu View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21.Apr.2011 at 12:25

Thanks John, for your quick response, actually I am electrical cad person, and my colleague was a mechanical cad, for example, he was adding shaft or changing floor plans, then its cant work, if he doesn’t changed other plans, that’s working fine, even if we copying something then the window is coming to ask, "This application has detected a mixed version of AEC object participating in this operation. Newer AEC object will be disallowed from participating in this operation" if we can disable any AEC object or any solution for this,

Regards,

Shan

John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21.Apr.2011 at 18:01
Did you load object enablers at some point since the two of you use software with different release dates?
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

shanu View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21.Apr.2011 at 19:57

John, object enabler not yet installed, I am not find out suitable enabler on for this,

alanjt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Using: Civil 3D 2009/2011
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21.Apr.2011 at 22:28
Originally posted by shanu shanu wrote:

John, object enabler not yet installed, I am not find out suitable enabler on for this,

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13171188&linkID=9240938

A while back, I wrote a version of Select Similar for the vanilla folks (pre 2011) that don't have access to the command. If you can't get it to work and you want the code, I'll gladly dig it up and post it for you.

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic