CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 5959
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMaker Startup Weekend at TechShop San Francisco

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BetweenTheLines View Drop Down
RSS robots
RSS robots

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maker Startup Weekend at TechShop San Francisco
    Posted: 22.Feb.2012 at 17:53

Maker Startup Weekend

This is a first ever event held by TechShop in San Francisco March 2nd through the 4th 2012. TechShop is like a gym membership for people who want to design and make their own items (personal fabrication). Imagine access to CNC machines, welding equipment, silk screen printers, woodworking equipment, computer workstations with software, 3D scanner and 3D printer, classes, and more without having to build a shop an spend your life's savings on the equipment for it. TechShop has several locations and expanding to more locations, I just hope one gets launched near me in Salt Lake so I have a place to work out my maker skills and unleash more of my warped creativity on the world.

Get ready for the first ever Maker Startup Weekend!

TechShop San Francisco and Autodesk will be hosting this new trend in venture creation—a 54-hour event where developers, designers, marketers, product managers and startup enthusiasts come together to share ideas, form teams, build products and launch startups. This special Maker Startup Weekend will infuse the typical web-based Startup Weekend format with the rapid prototyping and product development capabilities made possible by Autodesk and TechShop. This is the first Maker Weekend specifically geared toward making physical objects to bring to market. The possibilities are endless.

In addition to the weekend event, there will be an intensive day-long maker workshop on Friday, March 2nd. Participants will have the opportunity to take a series of classes in cutting-edge technologies and design software. The courses will be run by Autodesk and TechShop professionals.

Sunday evening will feature an open-to-the-public event wherein each team gives a presentation of their product before a panel of judges. Interested in checking out the result of this amazing weekend? 
Maker Startup Weekend's Website

I am not sure if I will be in San Francisco that weekend but if I am I would definitely be at this event.

Cheers,
Shaan

Go to the original post...

Between the Lines - Autodesk blog by Shaan Hurley

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic