CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 6370
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedfill area with rocks and grass

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
somaya123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Using: autocad 2013
Direct Link To This Post Topic: fill area with rocks and grass
    Posted: 02.Dec.2013 at 07:05
Hi,
I need to fill small area with grass and other with rocks.
I found one block in the library called boulder , I rescaled it and did multi copies to get big area with rocks? I am not sure if there is an easiest way to fill area with 3d rocks??
also i need to fill area with grass block (3d).
any help?
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.Dec.2013 at 11:53
Wouldn't you be better off using materials?
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

somaya123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.Dec.2013 at 12:02
Hi John,
what did you mean. I didn't understand

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.Dec.2013 at 12:53
You are working in 3D and will, from the sounds of it, most like create a rendering yet you do not recognize the word "material"?  How long have you been using AutoCAD?

If you populate your drawing with blades of 3D grass and rocks/pebbles/stones that are 3D your drawing file size will increase dramatically?  Do you have enough RAM and a good enough video card to handle the task?
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

somaya123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04.Dec.2013 at 11:42
yes that is the problem.
I just filled out very small area with pebble stones.the size getting extremely large and can not handel the drawing.
that is why I am asking if there is an easy way to fill area with stones,grass and trees in 3d

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04.Dec.2013 at 13:34
As regards stones and grass my answer remains the same.  Use materials (or textures).  You'll have to make use of a "bump map" to give the appearance of height.  BTW...you can attach materials by object or by layer.  Attaching by layer is more efficient.

You can find 3D trees here and at other CAD related websites.  Before downloading any of them look at their initial file size then do the math.  You should be able to estimate how much adding a certain amount of trees will add to your drawing file size. 

What are the specs on your computer?

Edited by John Connor - 04.Dec.2013 at 14:08

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

somaya123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08.Dec.2013 at 12:46
uploads/415292/area_Model_1.pdf
Thanks John,
I didn't sue material before.
I tried it but I couldn't assign any material to any area.?? could you advise?
I need to fill area attached, which is offset.
I tried to extrude it first, it appears that I just give height to walls!!
but I need it as concrete block t but it does not appear that one block or assign material not active.
I appreciate your response.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08.Dec.2013 at 15:03
If you haven't used materials/textures before then you should read up on their use.  I think it is better to assign a material to a layer rather than to an object.  This means that any object put on a layer that has a material assigned to it will be rendered using that material.

If your object is not a mesh, a surface or a solid then you cannot assign a material to it.

Yes, EXTRUDE will give objects a height.  I thought that's what you wanted.  Aren't you doing this in 3D?  If you are doing this in 2D then you need to use hatch patterns.

Explain what you are trying to do and attach a drawing to your next post.  This is taking way too long to accomplish.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

somaya123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09.Dec.2013 at 08:46
Thanks John,
what I need is to give the shape in the drawing height 5 cm and to be as block of concrete.
I tried to hatch it first and the hatch and lines in the same color, ten I extruded it, then I got MSG that the hatch is removed.
how can i extrude it and make at as ceramic or concrete and fill the middle area with grass with height 15 cm.
thank youuploads/415292/test.dwg

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09.Dec.2013 at 11:07
Normally you do not hatch a 3D object; you hatch 2D objects.

3D objects will normally have materials/textures applied.  They can be applied 'by object' or 'by layer'.  Materials can even be applied to 'faces'.  We have been over this a couple of times now and you do not seem to be able to grasp the concept.  You must have very limited or no 3D experience.

Extrude your wall then apply the appropriate material (concrete block).

Edited by John Connor - 09.Dec.2013 at 12:45

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic