CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 4725
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDraftsight - making walls and scaling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BibleBoys View Drop Down

Using: DraftSight
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Draftsight - making walls and scaling
    Posted: 21.Apr.2014 at 18:06
Hi:

New to CAD and Draftsight.  I have viewed the Draftsight videos and cannot get the same results. 

1.)  Trying to design a greenhouse and cannot make the offset for the walls.
2.)  Trying to scale and have not figured out how to scale.  I am used to selecting object and using corner handles.

Have found the buttons for both of these tasks just do not understand how to make them work.

Please advise.

Alan1
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21.Apr.2014 at 18:22
Invoke the Offset command then answer the three prompts which are Specify the distance, Specify the source entity and Specify the side for the destination.  So, type in a distance, pick the line you want to offset then pick the side you want to offset to.  Easy.

You should be drawing everything full size not scaling it like you would on a drafting board.  BTW....they are called Grips not handles.  I wouldn't use a grip to scale and object; I'd type in a scale factor at the command line.  You are asked to specify the entity, a basepoint and finally a scale factor.

Please pay careful attention to what is being asked on the command line.

"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

BibleBoys View Drop Down

Using: DraftSight
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22.Apr.2014 at 02:39
I will try that.  After using Photoshop and Illustrator, cad is a whole new ball game.

Thanks,
Alan

Alan1

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic