CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 10723
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedInitialize Script Using Batch File

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
harrissjt View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2012 + Autocad 2015 for Mac
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29.Jan.2015 at 16:06
I finally cracked it.

After much messing around trying different things, I moved the quotation marks on the script file reference, and hey presto!

FOR %%f in (c:\"ACAD Batch"\Drgs\*.dwg) do start /wait c:\"Program Files"\Autodesk\"AutoCAD 2012 - English"\acad.exe "%%f" /b "c:\ACAD Batch\Scripts\Change_Project_Title.scr"

It now works a treat now.
CAD DSF View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2012, AutoCAD 2015, Civil 3D 2015
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11.Dec.2015 at 16:10
Thank you so much for bat file. I updated the script to work with the 2015 version of AutoCAD. I had 500+ drawing to modify and this worked perfectly!

First Step:
Open AutoCAD and set NEWTABMODE system variable to 0. This will stop the new tab screen from appearing.

Second Step:

FOR %%f in ("c:\Location of drawings\*.dwg") do start /wait c:\"Program Files"\Autodesk\"AutoCAD 2015"\acad.exe "%%f" /b "c:\Location of script\Name of script.scr"

You much change the location of script, location of drawings and name of script!
harrissjt View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2012 + Autocad 2015 for Mac
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11.Dec.2015 at 18:17
@CAD DSF.  Glad that this was of help.  All the best with your future endeavours.

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic