CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 5594
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedautocad drawing exploded.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
junuary View Drop Down

Using: 2010
Direct Link To This Post Topic: autocad drawing exploded.
    Posted: 16.Dec.2014 at 04:51
Hi im a newbe here, I just need a help regarding my drawing, I send a drawing to the printing shop with a costumize size of paper (20"x30"), I used Autocad 2010, When they open it for printing, the lines changes some big and thin, the linetype scale change (everything has the same thickness) dimension look awful and exploded, what did i do wrong, please i need help to correct this mistake. I appreciate any suggestion or advice. If you can give a link for tutorial I appreciate thanks!!.
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16.Dec.2014 at 11:31
Did you send a DWG file or a PDF?
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

junuary View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16.Dec.2014 at 17:32
Originally posted by John Connor John Connor wrote:

Did you send a DWG file or a PDF?

I send the DWG file.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16.Dec.2014 at 18:14
Nothing should have changed then unless the print shop opened the drawing in AutoCAD or one of its clones and made changes themselves.  Did you send along any custom fonts?

Did you use eTransmit to send the print shop everything they needed?
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

junuary View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16.Dec.2014 at 20:06
I just save it in USB and bring it to the shop but they said it's not compatible i mean they open it in autocad lite and i used autocad 2010, i don't know all dimension explode. linetype becomes one, the dash becomes continues and linetype scale becomes same thickness. they did not do anything except open it it cause i was in front of the guy who open it.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16.Dec.2014 at 21:56
What version of LT are the running?  Did you do a "save as" and save the file in a file format that matches the version of AutoCAD they use?

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

junuary View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16.Dec.2014 at 23:33
yes i "save as" but do not match to there version, but usually if won't open if if it's in lower version of auto cad.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17.Dec.2014 at 01:00
Any drawing that is saved to the version the print shop is using or a lower version will definitely open. 

Opening a drawing saved to an earlier version of AutoCAD does not cause the problems you are describing.  Problems like that only happen if the person that opened the drawing edited it in some way not knowing exactly what they were doing to begin with.

Edited by John Connor - 17.Dec.2014 at 01:01

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

junuary View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17.Dec.2014 at 04:42
thank you sir for the reply, I was just told by my friend to save the drawing to pdf before sending it to printing shop, I will try this method if I will not get problem of the scale.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17.Dec.2014 at 12:00
Originally posted by junuary junuary wrote:

I just save it in USB and bring it to the shop but they said it's not compatible i mean they open it in autocad lite and i used autocad 2010, i don't know all dimension explode. linetype becomes one, the dash becomes continues and linetype scale becomes same thickness. they did not do anything except open it it cause i was in front of the guy who open it.

All of the above just sounds impossible merely by opening a drawing.  I've opened drawings created in AutoCAD release 9 that were done 12 years ago and did not have any problems.

Did you use annotative scaling for your linetypes and dimensions?

What version of LT are they running?

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic