CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 4946
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAutoCAD2004 MTEXT not shown in newer versions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
camilocastano View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2004
Direct Link To This Post Topic: AutoCAD2004 MTEXT not shown in newer versions
    Posted: 07.Apr.2015 at 15:39
Hello,

I have a file created in AutoCAD2004 where I can see all my MTEXTs. For some reason when the file is open in AutoCAD2015 or DWGTrueView2016, I can not see all of them. Is there something I need to do in order to see them in a newer version? I have attached a file with one of the MTEXTs I'm having problems with. If you open the file in 2004 you will see two MTEXTs and if you open the same file in 2015 you will see only one MTEXT.

uploads/550201/File_test.dwg

Thank you for your help!
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Apr.2015 at 17:51
I found your other text using AutoCAD 2015.

It is NOT a good practice to put objects on the DefPoints layer.  That is a hold over from a long time ago that should be abandoned given the fact that objects one does not want printed can now be placed on a separate layer and the "no print" option selected (you know - a red diagonal line through the little printer icon) in the Layer Properties Manager.

Edited by John Connor - 07.Apr.2015 at 18:33
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Apr.2015 at 22:43
Hello John,
Thank you for your prompt response. How were you able to find it? When I open the dwg in AutoCAD2004 the text is part of the layer "I-ANNO-TEXT-2" and is not part of the Defpoints layer. What should I change to the 2004 drawing?
Thank again for your help!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Apr.2015 at 23:22
I found the text using QSELECT > Mtext > Annotative > Select All.  Two objects found.  Explode.  Guess what?  There's your text.  Not it is no longer MText or Annotative but you can fix both those problems right?

Re: Defpoints.  You have non-text objects in both model and paper space that are on the Defpoints layers.  Why? 

Edited by John Connor - 08.Apr.2015 at 12:22
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20.Apr.2015 at 17:02
Thank you for your help. It was very helpful.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20.Apr.2015 at 17:04
Now that's what I call a delayed response.  Couldn't have been that big of a problem.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21.Apr.2015 at 07:46
John, why not using the "Defpoint" layer, I find it very usefull but I gave it the color 41 instead of white not to be abused by it.
If you apply "by layer"to  the color and line type of entities inside a block it will take the color of the layer in wich you insert it and be color 41 if you insert it in the layer Defpoint.
You see it but it's not printable, usefull to place scketch dimensions, lines, notes not to be printed, etc...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21.Apr.2015 at 11:32
Obviously you are a long time user and set in your ways.  Yes, there was a time when the only recourse was to use the Defpoints layer if you did not want something to print.  But that is no longer the case since one can set a layer to "no print' in the layer properties manager.  Another dumb thing people do is use defpoints and freeze layer 0.  Do you know what happens, or doesn't happen then?

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic