CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 10958
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedscaling problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
akoarkitekto View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2013,AutoCAD2010
Direct Link To This Post Topic: scaling problem
    Posted: 15.Apr.2015 at 09:59
Good day.. I"m having a hard time in get the correct scale.. or to scale the drawing from 1:100 mts to 1:50 mts. Comparing the two drawing, 1:50 is much larger than 1:100 mts. I tried to scale my drawing which is in 1:100 with the reference scale factor  "2" and i compare it to the 1:50 dwg but it did match...TIA
I hope you can help me guys.. thanks a lot.
Thanks..

AKOARKITEKTO
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.Apr.2015 at 12:24
Please confirm you are in a paper space layout using at least one viewport.  Yes/No/Not sure?
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16.Apr.2015 at 02:46
no i am working in "model" and  i have a 20"x30" template or A1 size paper.. 
In "layout" i paste the template and put one viewport and zoom it with 1/5xp and drawing is still small...
Thanks..

AKOARKITEKTO

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16.Apr.2015 at 02:55
Thanks..

AKOARKITEKTO

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16.Apr.2015 at 03:35
.......or just it the secret is in dimstyle? or dimscale?...
Thanks..

AKOARKITEKTO
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16.Apr.2015 at 11:53
It sounds like you have a mixed units problem.  You reference a scale factor of 1:50 (metric) yet your paper size is stated in imperial units (20"x30").  Never a good idea to mix metric and imperial.

Attach a copy of the drawing to your next post or upload it to the CAD Blocks section of this website.  Images aren't useful at this point; we need a DWG file.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16.Apr.2015 at 12:13
Please see attached file.. 

this is the sample cad file that i am working with.. 

1.Another question is.. the elevation in the drawing said that is scaled in 1:50mts. But when i draw a line with the same measurement like 5.000 mts and compare it with the drawing.. it's  the same but when i measured its dimension it gives me the wrong dimension..
2. How can i scale the elevation into 1:20 mts like in section details... or is that i draw it first in 1:100 mts and then just scale/resize it bigger to <scale><reference>2.?

Thanks.

CAD FILE:
uploads/552290/FOR_CAD_FORUM.dwg

Thanks..

AKOARKITEKTO
philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16.Apr.2015 at 13:09
uploads/175428/FOR_CAD_FORUMPJH.dwg

Hello akoarkitekto, you have mainly 2 problems on your file :
The drawing on the right has beem scaled by 2.5 and the dimension style STANDARD$0 for linear dimensions has been modified with a scale factor of 0.4 to cope this ( x2.5 = 0.4).
It's better to work at scale 1/1 and open viewports in the paper space to have different paper scales.
The drawing on the left is OK ( drawn in meters , dimension style STANDARD$0 is working ).
You can work with different units in different files or insert ( and not copy/paste ) different units files inside the first one but you have to set UNITS with the good value in the diffrent files.

Edited by philippe JOSEPH - 16.Apr.2015 at 14:07

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17.Apr.2015 at 03:16
thanks for the help guys. but how can i insert the the scaled drawing from the layout to model? or insert different cad file on the on my working area.?  sorry for my questions, im just new in this matter. about scaling 

Edited by akoarkitekto - 17.Apr.2015 at 03:17
Thanks..

AKOARKITEKTO
philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17.Apr.2015 at 07:42
Hello Akoarkitekto, I think that you will have to learn about viewports in the layout space ( paper space ).

In AutoCAD or you work in the model space ( and you have to "scale" things to have different scales in the same drawing ) or you work at scale 1/1 in the model space and open viewports in the layout(s) at different zooms ( scale ) to set different scales on the same drawing.
Have you open the file that I have uploaded : FOR_CAD_FOROMPJH.dwg and took at look at it ?
The concept of view ports is maybe difficult in the beginning but after it offers much security ( no scaled drawings ).

The model space is the workshop and the layout space is the screen of your computer in the office.
You should ask for this to your teachers, friends or colleagues at work.
You should find lessons on the internet about this, maybe in CADTUTORIAL or AUTODESK COMUNNITY or...
Launch a search with : autocad viewports.

Ask for more and have a good day.

Edited by philippe JOSEPH - 17.Apr.2015 at 09:19

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic