CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 427
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSTEEL FRAME - QUICK ASSEMBLY Rev.1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vini-SA Engineering View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2015
Direct Link To This Post Topic: STEEL FRAME - QUICK ASSEMBLY Rev.1
    Posted: 18.Oct.2015 at 22:41
Hi there guys. 

I posted this topic yesterday hoping someone might have an practical, as built, quick assembly drawing or idea of a gantry in order to build a tank bigger than 5m in diameter. hence the parameters of between 5 and 10m. I need the frame to be plus minus 16m high. What i didn't add in my previous post is the exact diameter (inconsequential really) but which is of relevance is the maximum weight it needs to lift.

12,000 to 14,000 kg is the maximum weight i will need to lift with this frame.

The remote locations where these tanks are to be erected makes using a crane too costly mr JC. A crane must be present at the time of site establishment but even that time needs to be as short as possible

I've included  a hand sketch of more or less what we need.

G

Edited by Vini-SA Engineering - 18.Oct.2015 at 22:47
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19.Oct.2015 at 11:35
I still don't know why you think the diameter of the tank is of no concern.

I'd put lugs on the tank and attach it to the frame shipped as one complete unit.  The crane lifts the unit into place and you're done.  Temporary, tack welded pipe, can be used to keep the frame square along with wood blocking to keep things from shifting as it is transported to the site.

It would have been better had you continue to post in your first thread regarding this subject rather than start a second, virtually duplicate, thread.  Less confusion for those wishing to follow the conversation and it keep all the pertinent information in one place rather than spread between two threads. 

Edited by John Connor - 19.Oct.2015 at 13:16
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic