CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 10017
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedlisp elevation marker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
pelle89 View Drop Down

Using: AutoCad 2016
Direct Link To This Post Topic: lisp elevation marker
    Posted: 08.Jul.2016 at 10:19
Hi,

I have a problem with the lisp Elevation Marker Ann.
I upload the lisp, I do all the steps, but in the end, the elevation showed is every time 0.00 and in the prompt it appears the following message:

Pick Elev. point: Unknown command "056". Press F1 for help.

I can not find the cause of the problem.

Thanks.
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08.Jul.2016 at 11:52
This elevation marker lisp routine works.  I know....I've used it myself.

Load the program, type the letters "em" at the command line, then press the Enter key.  It prompts the user to specify point.  Whether you are using an osnap to pick on a piece of geometry or you pick anywhere on your screen without using an osnap it will place the elevation marker symbol with the correct "Y" elevation and will continue to do so until you hit the ESC key or press the Enter key.

The program was written by lisp guru Lee Mac and not by me so don't go asking me to make changes to it.  I don't do lisp programming.

uploads/165260/ElevationMarkerV1-1.lsp

"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

pelle89 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08.Jul.2016 at 12:15
Thanks, but we are speaking about two different lisp.

1) ElevationMarkerV1-1, written by lisp guru Lee Mac, and this works;

2) Elevation Marker Ann, you can find here http://www.cadlispandtips.com/2011/10/lisp-elevation-marker.html, and it doesn't work!!!

I am interested in Elevation Marker Ann

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08.Jul.2016 at 13:02
You wanted a lisp routine that works.  I gave you one.  My job is done.  If you want to stick with the one that doesn't work well so be it.  I'm not here to twist your arm.

Edited by John Connor - 08.Jul.2016 at 13:03
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08.Jul.2016 at 13:28
Hello pelle89 and John, if you are working only in 2D you could use the command DIMORDINATE that you can eventually use in a drawing in millimetres giving elevations in meters like : +1250.003 m if you set a good dimstyle.
Or you can work in feet giving elevations in what you want.

DIMORDINATE is laying a real dimension with a grip at 0,0,0 and can be moved with STRETCH without losing its origin and then being updated correctly.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08.Jul.2016 at 13:45
I already have what I need thanks.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08.Jul.2016 at 14:53
Yes John that's what I suppose but it's also for pelle89 and I have to say that I have learnt so much here just reading CAD discussions.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08.Jul.2016 at 15:27
I went and downloaded the lisp routine that pelle89 refers to.  I used the APPLOAD command to load it.  I did the first step as per the instructions which was to invoke the EDAT command.  I followed that up by running the next command which was ELE.  I then picked a point on my screen and the elevation marker was inserted.  I repeated the ELE command four more times with no problem in all.  Bottom line...the program DOES work.

I'd post an image but for some stupid ass reason you can no longer upload .png or .jpg files.  WTF?

BTW...the program wants the user to PICK a point not type in an elevation like "056".

There is also an elevation marker block here at the CADforum.

KACENA.DWG - automatic elevation label (vÄ‚Ė¯Ä¹Ė‡kovÄ‚Ė‡ kÄ‚Å‚ta) for AutoCAD 2006 and higher (dynamic block sample).

Edited by John Connor - 08.Jul.2016 at 15:33

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

pelle89 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08.Jul.2016 at 15:57
The lisp works even on my colleague's pc but in mine no!!! and for this reason I'm writing here...to understand why.
You can read here http://www.cadlispandtips.com/2011/10/lisp-elevation-marker.html that other people had the same problem but in the forum there is no answer!

Then "056" is not what I wrote but what appears in prompt after picked a point on the screen. 

Here there is the link where you can download a screenshot with the problem:

https://mega.nz/#!p4sWkBAD!Z8AqsE-7VTOZ0I-BDMc4ANJCX5O8kKdt0ZF8hlHHvlE

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08.Jul.2016 at 16:14
I gave you information about two other elevation markers so I suggest you try both and see what happens.  If all three don't work then I'd say try a REPAIR of your AutoCAD installation which is NOT the same as an uninstall/reinstall.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic