CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 9997
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHow to bring construction line from command tool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11.Aug.2016 at 12:54
I have an option for you.  Switch places between the Ellipse command and the Construction Line command.  I'm assuming of course that you don't use the Ellipse command anywhere near as often as the Construction Line command which you seem so overly fond of.  Your Draw panel will then look like this:

Now you can get on with your work instead of driving yourself crazy because you had to use the Draw drop down to access the command.  Is everybody happy????????????
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11.Aug.2016 at 13:24
Here's another option.

Rename the GROUP panel to something else (ex. - MINE!).  Substitute a command like Construction Line for one of the commands on the panel such as Ungroup.  Click on the Apply button and close the CUI editor.  Now move the renamed panel such that it falls immediately after the Draw panel.  It should look like this:

Now you're just one click away from your beloved command.

BTW...remember to save your new workspace otherwise the renamed panel will assume its old position the next time you start AutoCAD.

Edited by John Connor - 11.Aug.2016 at 13:28
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

SayanCR View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2016, Inventor 2010
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11.Aug.2016 at 16:34
How do i replace with Ellipse? Click and drop won't work.  I opened the CUI  I saw the construction line is there but still not able to move to replace Ellipse.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11.Aug.2016 at 16:36
Drag and drop from the Command List!  You're trying to drag and drop from a toolbar which won't work.

Edited by John Connor - 11.Aug.2016 at 16:37

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic