CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 7766
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Text from Excel to autocad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shamaoon View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2021
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamaoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Text from Excel to autocad
    Posted: 22.Aug.2023 at 09:21
Recently I have been facing an issue to input text that is in excel spreadsheet into autocad as text, and I have to repeatedly move excel to autocad and autocad to excel to copy paste text.  I have seen somewhere that Concatenate in excel with coordinates could create text which i have tried but found no success, kindly share any possible solution to this.
Vladimir Michl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Arkance Systems CZ

Using: Autodesk software
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladimir Michl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22.Aug.2023 at 13:17
You can "concat" text command (in Excel) which will simulate keyboard entry string in AutoCAD. If you create an exactly same string as you would type manually, you can than copy/paste it from Excel to AutoCAD (or save it to a .SCR file and run it with the SCRIPT command).

E.g.
_-MTEXT
_wi
Hello world
_empty_line_

Vladimir Michl (moderator)
Arkance Systems - arkance-systems.cz - Autodesk reseller
Shamaoon View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2021
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamaoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23.Aug.2023 at 13:04
Yes you are right this works but it not useful if i want to change text style ,width factor and to justify as centered, If you think this can be possible kindly share.

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic