CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 7414
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dynamic 500m x 500m grid

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CASisBrownBread View Drop Down

Using: AC2023
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CASisBrownBread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dynamic 500m x 500m grid
    Posted: 09.Nov.2023 at 13:11
Morning all.

I've been tasked with creating a dynamic 500m x 500m grid table that we can stretch out along the X and Y axis which will position a grid line at every 500m interval. We use these grid tables to accompany topographical maps, these can vary in size so the dynamic table would come in handy and save a lot of time. I have a half decent understanding as to creating blocks and turning them into dynamic blocks, I'm really just struggling to inset the grid lines. I have attached an image of the current table that we use to give context. As you can probably tell, these take quite a while to adjust for out larger sites. 
Any help would be much appreciated. 

Many thanks, champs.

J

Kent Cooper View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2020, 2023
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kent Cooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10.Nov.2023 at 20:05
Your image looks like it might involve different linetypes, but I can't really tell whether that's just a pixelation/screen-resolution effect.  But if the linetypes are all the same, this is an ordinary Associative ARRAY of a simple square, in this case using one of the DOT family of linetypes:
You can simply drag the appropriate "arrows" to change the number of columns and/or rows, or even both at the same time with the upper-right square grip.
Vladimir Michl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Arkance Systems CZ

Using: Autodesk software
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladimir Michl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11.Nov.2023 at 12:18
Another option is the DrGrid utility (see the Tips and Downloads). It is not dynamic but you can simply re-run it to create a newer grid, with more options like minor/major grid lines, 3D grids, numbering, polar grids.
Vladimir Michl (moderator)
Arkance Systems - arkance-systems.cz - Autodesk reseller

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic