CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 8439
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What Unit in is the Text of AutoCAD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dery View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2014
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Unit in is the Text of AutoCAD
    Posted: 03.Dec.2023 at 16:20
Can someone tell me please what unit in is the text in AutoCAD (for example: m/cm/mm/point?
For example, if I create a text with size of 2.0000, what this 2.0000 mean?
Thanks

philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philippe JOSEPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04.Dec.2023 at 08:05
The "unit" is the file unit set in UNITS. it will set the height of the texts.

Edited by philippe JOSEPH - 04.Dec.2023 at 08:24
dery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04.Dec.2023 at 09:11
Can I set the unit to point like in MS Word?
If yes, how to do it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philippe JOSEPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04.Dec.2023 at 12:11
I guess no, because in UNITS you have "only" distances , inch, feet, milles, millmeters, etc...
Take a look at it to set your texts dimensions for a good readability.
It would be 3.5 mm on A0 to A2 ( euro ), 2.5 mm on A3 and A4 ( euro ).
0.13" on big paper size and 0.1" on small ( imperial ) but I guess it's already set on "good" prototype files.

dery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04.Dec.2023 at 13:13
Hi Joseph, what about my question on oil ring in the link below?

https://www.cadforum.cz/forum_en/forum_posts.asp?TID=13906&PN=2&title=how-to-create-oil-ring-in-autocad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philippe JOSEPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04.Dec.2023 at 16:35
I'm still waiting for your datas or 2D sketch but not the giant one.
Eventually I'm working on a project that keeps me on the boil 6 days a week not to say more.
dery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04.Dec.2023 at 16:37
I'm sorry, what are you waiting from me?

Edited by dery - 04.Dec.2023 at 17:19
Kent Cooper View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2020, 2023
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Cooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04.Dec.2023 at 21:35
You should be able to get point size using Annotative Text.  You would need to find out what the height of a given point size is in the drawing unit you are using, and set that as the printed height of your Annotative Text Style.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philippe JOSEPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Dec.2023 at 08:18
Sorry Dery, I ain't got not time for this at the moment, go to Inventor, Draft Sight or an other forum.

You are registrated as a "student" and this is typicaly a student home work for you.

I'm dealing at the moment with a big project in hydromecanics including a total of approx. 2'000 tons of sofisticated high strength welded individual steel parts from unitary 24 to 45 t to be manufactured, transported and erected in galeries.
Manufacture drawings including unfold and metal sheet determination of special parts such as special offset cones, bifurcations, 3D elbows, instrumented pipes, etc... road and site transport designs, site erection including special tools such as rails, craddles, winches, lifting beams, etc..., cranes operation studies, etc... studies.

Edited by philippe JOSEPH - 07.Dec.2023 at 17:33

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic