CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 8522
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A4 template

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kc13 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Using: Autocad 2024
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kc13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A4 template
    Posted: 07.Jan.2024 at 01:44
Hi , hope all are well, can anyone provide details on how to make A4 template with all the settings inserted ready to print, in UK version please. Many thanks kc
kc
philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philippe JOSEPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Jan.2024 at 07:52
Hello kc13, you say that you want an A4 with UK version.
A4 is 210 mm x 297 mm but if you print in the UK it would rather be an imperial format like 8.5 " ( 215.9 mm ) x 11 " ( 279.4 mm ) if I remember well.
I have an example of each that is based on a double rectangle.
The outside rectangle is the exact format and the inner rectangle is a copy/scale of the outter with a factor that prints at scale 1/1 on a small printer that has margins that would spoil the scale if printed on the outter rectangle.
For the rest the formats A4 to A0 and the imperial ones named also A , B , C , etc... should be involved into a "prototype" file of yours including all the AutoCAD blocks usefull to begin a drawing such as all the layers, dimension styles, tittle blocks, notes, etc...
In addition I would say that your "prototype" should have settings different if metric or imperial such as the UNITS, text height 2.5 mm ( metric ) or 0.2 " ( imperial ), settings of the centerlines and hidden lines, etc...
When starting a new drawing from no "prototype" you have eventually to choose iso or imperial if I remember well.

Edited by philippe JOSEPH - 07.Jan.2024 at 08:10
kc13 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kc13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Jan.2024 at 11:46
Hi Joseph, that’s great I’ll try that.

Many thanks

kc
kc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philippe JOSEPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08.Jan.2024 at 17:21
Hello, I place here my I place here my Imperial file in Autocad 2018, is it OK for you ?

Are you going to draw in inches / feet or mm / meters ?
Are you going to use Iso paper sizes or Imperial paper sizes ?

Edited by philippe JOSEPH - 08.Jan.2024 at 17:23
kc13 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kc13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08.Jan.2024 at 18:09
Hi Joseph, I would like to draw in meters, and would like to use A3 and A4 sized templates. The most commonly scales used in U.K for building regs are usually accepted in 1:100 and 1:50

Many thanks

kc
kc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philippe JOSEPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08.Jan.2024 at 19:20
OK I will do this but tomorrow.
Are you already using the dimension style settings ( DDIM ) ?
kc13 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kc13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08.Jan.2024 at 20:54
Hi Joseph, I had cad 2008 which I used for quite a while, I have a template I made there many many years ago. I have now got the 2024 version, I would appreciate if you can put into stage by stage how to make the template, and bring it into layout and then be able to print to the scales as mentioned before. I have only had the new version for a few days. We would need to start right from the begging, from setting the units, hope this makes sense. Thanks  
kc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philippe JOSEPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09.Jan.2024 at 07:49
kc13 , I place here my "template" in millimeters with the paper sizes A4 to A0, I will have to take a look at how it works when UNITS are set in meters.

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic