CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 5461
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedmac version crashes when using custom ctb file

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tauf0008 View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2011 Mac
Direct Link To This Post Topic: mac version crashes when using custom ctb file
    Posted: 04.Feb.2011 at 22:02
Help!  My mac 2011 AutoCAD keeps crashing whenever I try to plot with a custom (PC created or DraftSight [mac] created files) ctb file.  I know the file is not corrupt, it happens on any dwg file, and I cannot figure out why.  plotting to pdf, preview, or to the actual plotter DOES work 1 out of 20 times, seemingly random.  Any obvious answer as to what might not be compatible here?    
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04.Feb.2011 at 23:21
Why would you be using a PC or Draftsight created ctb file?  Did they come from a client?  What's not compatible here?  Could it be that although the file type names are the same the file structure itself is different enough between a PC and a Mac that they cannot be swapped?  I'm just guessing here.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Vladimir Michl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Arkance Systems CZ

Using: Autodesk software
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04.Feb.2011 at 23:28
The printer driver may be faulty. Or you may be using incompatible DWG files (perhaps from Draftsight?). Please nota that DraftSight uses forged DWG format files which are not fully compatible with AutoCAD.
Vladimir Michl (moderator)
Arkance Systems - arkance-systems.cz - Autodesk reseller
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04.Feb.2011 at 23:35
If the DWG file was incompatible would the drawing even load in the first place?  I like your idea about the printer driver better.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

tauf0008 View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2011 Mac
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Feb.2011 at 15:26
A little more info:  I am just making the switch from PC to Mac for AutoCAD, so all of the dwg templates and our in-house ctb files have been in existence for quite some time.  I have since modified both the template and the ctb file (as mentioned earlier) in case compatibility is between mac and PC.  Creating from-scratch a new dwg template will be my next move, but that shouldnt be the issue.
Plot driver:  this happens most frequently on the large scale plotter, but also on the simple color copier.  I've had problems in the past with the driver, but it prints fine from the windows AutoCAD end (using a parallels program, same computer for PC and mac, plotting from Mac side already anyway).  I will look into reinstalling the driver, but I'm not convinced that could be the problem...
Will update again soon...

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic