CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 10374
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMonochrome.ctb & Plot Style Table?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
elzaeed View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Architecture 2012
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Apr.2011 at 20:12
I found mine here: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ACA 2011\enu\Plotters\Plot Styles

I've now copied and pasted the file there. No, I haven't. Well I have edited the layout i.e. change paper size etc.
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Apr.2011 at 20:20
I think we are both wrong.

I just took a peek in Options > Files > Printer Support File Path > Plot Style Table Search Path and the path is much different than either one of us imagined.  You might want to do the same.  I would recommend putting your friend's ctb file where AutoCAD is already expecting to "see" it.  When AutoCAD went to 64-bit software they followed Microsoft's recommendations regarding folder structure.  The "old" paths do not appear to be used any more.  Sorry for the confusion.  I should have checked Options in the first place.

Edited by John Connor - 07.Apr.2011 at 20:22
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Apr.2011 at 20:24
I'll be out in the field for a while so I must bid you goodbye.  I'll check back later.  Maybe someone else will jump in here and answer any further questions you may have.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

elzaeed View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Apr.2011 at 21:14
Ah, thanks anyways John. I think I'll leave this for now, as it's a lot more complicated then I expected. I think I can achieve what I want by simply using the different layers and changing the properties to suit my needs. Again, thanks John.
elzaeed View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Apr.2011 at 21:22
oh, forget my last post. It was actually done. Just had to click on "show hide lineweight" =) Thanks John. 

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic