CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 10444
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHow to Export from Sketch Up into Cubify Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rainsbury View Drop Down

Using: Sketch Up , Cubify Invent
Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to Export from Sketch Up into Cubify Help
    Posted: 15.Apr.2013 at 20:13
Hello all,

Im the Head of Design and Technology, based in an SEN (Special Educational Needs) school,

At present my students have been taught how to use Google Sketch Up, (ages 14-16)

We have recently purchased two CubeX's (3D Printers)

Students enjoy using google sketch up for its ease, and when I spoke to the sales man at technologysupplies he informed me I could export the Google Sketch Up Models (.skp) or (.dae .kmz) import it into Cubify Invent and then print the models.

However we have hit a snag, the only options I have on Cubify to import are the following file types ;

STEP files .stp .step .ste
IGES files .igs
SAT files .sat
SoldWorks Parts .sldprt

Is anyone aware of converting software or a plug in for either Sketch Up or Cubify to allow me to transfer models/designs

Thank You

M.Rainsbury
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16.Apr.2013 at 11:45
My first call would have been to the salesman informing him he can come back and pick up the two 3D printers.  Then when he asked why I'd tell him because you can't import from Sketchup to Cubify.  He would either have to tell you how it is done or come pick up the printers.

Edited by John Connor - 16.Apr.2013 at 13:24
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic