CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 8624
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to deal with filepath to use pdfimport in LISP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cillin View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2023
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cillin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to deal with filepath to use pdfimport in LISP
    Posted: 22.Jan.2024 at 14:24
Hello CAD users.

I am quite new to AutoLISP. My question here could be silly but please help me out.

The LISP I want to make is a command that imports multiple pdf files.

First, I found this in the forum.
But this is using "pdfattach" command. As I need to modify specific contents in AutoCAD after importing pdf files, I have to use "pdfimport" command, not "pdfattached" command. (pdfattached command doesn't allow me to modify specific text or line after importing pdf file.)

Before coming to a question of how to deal with multiple pdf files in LISP, the first simple thing I just wanted to do is 'running pdfimport command using lisp'.

However, the problem I encountered is that I cannot give the pdf file path by using 'getfiled' function in LISP!!!
I tried to use 'getfiled' to get the pdf file path and used that with the 'pdfimport' but it keeps asking me for the file path by the file selecting dialog window.

Can anyone tell me how I can use getfiled and pdfimport together?

Thanks

Edited by cillin - 22.Jan.2024 at 14:27
Vladimir Michl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Arkance Systems CZ

Using: Autodesk software
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladimir Michl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22.Jan.2024 at 14:40
You are right, the old version used PDFATTACH by mistake - it has been fixed now.
Vladimir Michl (moderator)
Arkance Systems - arkance-systems.cz - Autodesk reseller
cillin View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2023
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cillin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22.Jan.2024 at 15:58
Thanks for such a quick response.

I found that the mpdfimport LISP is updated, but I cannot figure out how I can use the pdfimport function in it.

It asks keyword of either 'Attach' or 'Import'.
And when I enter 'Import', it askes for pdf file path again for every loops in while statement.

Would you please have a look into the script again?

Thank you very much.
Vladimir Michl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Arkance Systems CZ

Using: Autodesk software
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladimir Michl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23.Jan.2024 at 09:03
It works fine here. Are there any error messages in the command line? This is mine:

Command: (LOAD "K:/mpdfimport.lsp") C:MPDFIMPORT
Command: MPDFIMPORT
Initial insertion point:
Page cell width <A4/Letter>:
Start page <1>: 2
End page <999>: 4
Import or attach [Import/Attach] <Import>: I
Import stránky 2 ze souboru PDF: Transformace v MAP.pdf...
Import stránky 3 ze souboru PDF: Transformace v MAP.pdf...
Import stránky 4 ze souboru PDF: Transformace v MAP.pdf...

Vladimir Michl (moderator)
Arkance Systems - arkance-systems.cz - Autodesk reseller

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic