CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 8861
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHow to send large drawings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Cad64 View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2011, 3DS Max 2011, Photoshop CS5
Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to send large drawings
    Posted: 02.May.2010 at 16:14
In the future, you should start a new thread if you have a question. This thread is about how to send large drawing files.

The answer to your question is no. The stamp is there for a reason. It's to keep people from using the educational version for commercial purposes. If you don't want the educational stamp on your prints then you should purchase Autocad or Autocad LT.
Online Portfolio: http://www.rdeweese.com/
Rony View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.May.2010 at 15:34
Can I remove AUTODESK EDUCATIONAL PRODUCT text while printing
ronydixon
mrmanishs View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29.Apr.2010 at 23:42
Another favorite option is File Apartment (http://www.fileapartment.com). Easy to use, no software to download or registration, up to 1 GB, free option, safe, and secure.
Rajashree View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29.Apr.2010 at 08:09
We at Dimension India (www.dimensionicad.com) use the following links to send or receive  large files .

I hope these are useful to you.

Thanks!!!!
pablo24 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20.Apr.2010 at 14:12
@jjgrogan:

Many of these 3rd party file transfer websites use https (256 bit encryption over SSL).  Do you consider this procedure safe?  So far, I think it is safer than mailing CDs...

Thanks for buildonline.com , but it seams like something too big for me!

jjgrogan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20.Apr.2010 at 10:39
Sendit and various other websites are great if you have an understanding with your client that this is the prefered medium of transfering data however from what you're saying it seams to me you do not have an agreement in place with the client to use these websites.

I think you will get yourself in a lot of trouble with this. sooner or later you will find yourself in a situation where the client will not receive the information & the finger will be pointed at you for not using a preagreed medium. All well and good if you're only talking small projects however as I work on large projects +100 million euro I personally wouldn't dream of using these websites where confidentiality is such a big issue.

remember not always will the recipient of the data be as familiar with these websites or how to download from them as a technician would. For this reason I would still recommend emailing or posting a CD where possible.

I do use a website for 1 of my projects (www.buildonline.com). However I do have an agreement with the client to use this. in fact it was their idea.

Edited by jjgrogan - 20.Apr.2010 at 10:40
pablo24 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19.Apr.2010 at 20:37
I use Yousendit everyday.    My files can be over 100MB, that is why email is useless.

But when customers do not download the files, I have to send it on a CD.
Sending CD is a solution when customer satisfaction is important.

The way I see it, www.shipyourdata.com is a complement for yousendit.  It is also more expensive. 

Cad64 View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2011, 3DS Max 2011, Photoshop CS5
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19.Apr.2010 at 01:42
Originally posted by bcbenton bcbenton wrote:

I haven't had any issues with YouSendIt.  They give you seven days to download.  It it takes that long then the file isn't that important.

Of course. There's nothing wrong with YouSendIt. Some of our clients use it when they need to send us files. And as you said, the files don't need to stay up there indefinitely. I would say that most people probably download the files within 24 hours of receiving the email notice, right? I know I do. Pablo is just trying to badmouth them and get people to check out his file transfer site. You notice he never came back to check out replies.
Online Portfolio: http://www.rdeweese.com/
Tankman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19.Apr.2010 at 00:26
Thanks for the tip, goin' to look at both YouSendIt and Dropbox.

Thanks again.
Tankman

"When the well's dry, we'll all know the value of water."
bcbenton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18.Apr.2010 at 21:42
I haven't had any issues with YouSendIt.  They give you seven days to download.  It it takes that long then the file isn't that important.  I also use Dropbox.  it is free.  It sets up a a virtual folder that you can allow users to have access to.  It is free up to 2 gigs of data at a time.  You can set up folders for your clients where you can put your files.  if you need more space, get the premium service.
For AutoCAD Tips & Tricks
CAD-a-Blog

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic