CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 9759
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOne or more constrained objects cannot be resolved

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
psgbs1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Using: ACAD 2007, pds.
Direct Link To This Post Topic: One or more constrained objects cannot be resolved
    Posted: 03.Nov.2014 at 17:42

I am simply trying to use grip edits to move points on polylines but everytime I try to move one I get the message "One or more constrained objects cannot be resolved" and it puts the grip back to its original position. Sometimes it moves all the polylines in my drawings or mashes the polyline up to a different shape. looking at some forums it appears to be a "dynamic constraints issue". Problem is I don't know what the hell dynamic constrains are and why they are in my cad system all of a sudden. I have been a cad user for 15 years and have never come across these, to be honest I feel a little stupid not knowing what they are and why they are mashing my drawings up.

Do I have to have these things? can they be turned off? what's their purpose?  

Someone please help me before I smash my screen in!!! BTW I am using full 2012.

Pete

Cheers
Pete
philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03.Nov.2014 at 18:01
Hello psgbs1, yes you can DELCONSTRAIN all. 
You should explore the constrain subject on internet.
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03.Nov.2014 at 18:06
No, you do not have to have dynamic constraints enabled.

Yes, they can be disabled.

What is their purpose?  Your Help file gives you the answer.

"Constraints are associations and restrictions applied to 2D geometry."  Note that there are two types of constraints: geometrical and dimensional.

Most likely you enabled them at some point by inadvertently clicking on the Infer Constraints icon located in the Status Bar at the bottom of your screen.  It is the first icon encountered from the left hand side of your screen.

To delete the constraints already applied click on the PARAMETRIC tab then look on the MANAGE panel.  Click on Delete Constrains then follow the command line prompts.

Disable constraints via the icon at the bottom of your screen.

You can find out more about constraints and how they are used simply by looking in your AutoCAD Help file.  I suggest reading the topic "About applying and deleting geometric constraints."

Edited by John Connor - 03.Nov.2014 at 18:12
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

psgbs1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03.Nov.2014 at 18:10
thankyou for that, I did have them switched on, can you think of why grip edits do not work then. I have turned constraints off but still getting the issue with grip edits returning back to the same place I am trying to move them from
Cheers
Pete
psgbs1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03.Nov.2014 at 18:12
sorry just read the last bit of your note and that has worked a treat thankyou very much
Cheers
Pete
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03.Nov.2014 at 19:45
Originally posted by psgbs1 psgbs1 wrote:

thankyou for that, I did have them switched on, can you think of why grip edits do not work then. I have turned constraints off but still getting the issue with grip edits returning back to the same place I am trying to move them from

Are you working with SNAP enabled too?  That would be your F9 key.  Also, check two other function keys: F3 (Osnaps) and F8 (Ortho).
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic