CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 4628
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAutocad 2017 .SHX file not recognized

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Christy RD View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2017
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Autocad 2017 .SHX file not recognized
    Posted: 25.Mar.2016 at 15:38
Good Morning/Afternoon all,

I downloaded 2017 yesterday and have been unable to make Autocad '17 find my .shx file that I use in every drawing (of course)  

I have added the font to the following locaitons:

C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autocad 2017\UserDataCache\Support
C:\Users\XX\AppData\Local\Autodesk\AcCloudConnect\SettingSync\XX\ACD\2017\ENU\UserSettings\Files\%RoamableRootFolder%\Support
C:\Users\XX\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Autocad 2017\R21.0\enu
C:\Users\XX\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Autodesk Sync\Cloud\XX\Automatic Copy\Support Files\Fonts

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autocad 2017\UserDataCache\Support
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autocad 2017\Fonts
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autocad 2017\Support

C:\Autodesk\Autocad_2017_English_Win_64bit_dlm\x64\acad\Program Files\Root
C:\Autodesk\Autocad_2017_English_Win_64bit_dlm\x64\acad\Program Files\Font
C:\Autodesk\AutoCAD_2017_English_Win_64bit_dlm

C:\Users\XX\Documents\CRD Files\Fonts & Plot Files <--I have added this to the Support Files Search Path in Options.

This is driving me nuts - obviously as I have placed the file in so many locations.  Please help!
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25.Mar.2016 at 16:37
Instead of placing a copy of the font in every imaginable folder you could think of why didn't you just search the AutoCAD Knowledge Base for an answer?  Then perhaps you would have run across this article...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD-cannot-find-SHX-font.html

BTW...after you copied the font to one or more folders did you happen to shut down then restart AutoCAD by any chance?

One more thing....make the font a part of your custom template file too as in having it already loaded so you won't have to reload it each time you start a new drawing.

Edited by John Connor - 25.Mar.2016 at 16:38
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25.Mar.2016 at 17:00
You seem so angry.  I have searched for hours before coming to this forum.  If you will note, every folder noted in the AutoCAD knowledge base appears in my listing. Perhaps...you are jumping to conclusions.

Yes I not only shut down and re-opened autocad and several drawing files no less than 20 times while trying different options I had found or guessed at based on where previous files in the same folders as previous versions.  Within that time, I also completely shut down the computer no less than 5 times.

I will google how to make the font a part of my custom template. Thanks for the tip.

Edited by Christy RD - 25.Mar.2016 at 17:01

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25.Mar.2016 at 19:31
Well if you haven't been able to find the font yet how are you going to make it part of your template?  Solve the first problem before trying to move onto the second.

Edited by John Connor - 25.Mar.2016 at 19:33
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25.Mar.2016 at 19:37
Wait for some fine soul who maybe is having the same problem that can brainstorm with me, or someone with knowledge of a fix they would like to share.

Until then I keep up with my workload, search in the evenings, and have a good day!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25.Mar.2016 at 21:18
I have 2017 installed.  Attach a copy of the font to your next post and I'll see if AutoCAD can find it or not.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25.Mar.2016 at 22:01
I do not know how to attach a shx file in this forum, error message due to extension.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25.Mar.2016 at 23:22
Here is a link http://www.cad-corner.com/Text_Styles/archstyl.shx

I see that you responded to a post on May 14 RE: AutoCAD 13.  I followed the directions you posted there and it was all in alphabetical order, there was still no archstyl.shx on the text style menu

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26.Mar.2016 at 11:11
Try changing the .shx file type to .txt.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26.Mar.2016 at 12:10
No luck renaming to txt, still recognized as a shx file after rename.

here is the contents if viewed in notepad - no idea if this will help...

AutoCAD-86 shapes 1.0
  â€š e   4   
       !  "  # ' $ ( %  & * ' (  )  *  +  ,  - .  /  0 1  2  3 , 4  5 3 6 1 7  8 5 9 : : ;  < & = >  ?  @ B A  B < C 0 D 1 E  F  G @ H  I 
 J  K  L  M  N  O & P + Q  R  S 7 T  U  V  W + X  Y  Z  [  \  ]  ^  _  ` . a   b  c & d e 9 f  g   h  i j  k  l m  n  o ) p  q  r  s  t  u  v  w + x  y & z  {  |  }  ~    ‚  Archstyl Font  Copyright  1986  Paul J. Aston         ç       4´,$Ăł  llĂ·  â€žxxx&Œýœn  Ă„)!*9QĂľ)-!ÂŤ  #¢õýoþðo/  Ă”.(08)/@H'C! õ  \ö  JK<=€  BC45ñ  B'lEO}  ‚Ĺ’Ăľ  <C/  ‚ Ăş  @  ĂŁĂ¬   âĂŞO  ĂĽ@  ùÿb3$()1 ò  0!3'XA'(ýÿ10øô0!N  ÂĂ´ÂŞĂ€ÈĂ»  Ă”€ˆĹ“% /+*I8/0A"õ0?L  $BA0/*I8'%$C"AI*þý\BQ0YH'Ăľ  â‚¬Ă´ËśĂł   $q2'(9p/*IH&PaĂ´ 4X)®@  Ăż04Ăż%'8),/0%'H),/@Ĺ Ăż0>  .ĂĽ.m  "‚T‚Ĺ’^   C+ùÿi„  2‚4‚Ž@  PØL   ! Ă»! ,k!)L./  â€™ÿü#4%8)J210-ýþ)+1I#1ÿý=.  
ñDèĂ >  Ă´Ăľ'Høÿ0/)õÿ  /,*üÿ˜!ĂĽ  IĂĽĂż8ýÿ#"A0ÿü8I*+L-/0A>  Ă´ĂľĂĽ(øÿ O-,+:)ĂĽĂżh`!^  Ă€Èd°¸TĂ€ÈĹ’Ĺ’Ă°  Ă´ ¨\ ¨~`  ùþX'%4#2! (ĂĽĂż):+ĂĽĂżPDùÿĹ“@  ä ĂĽØÐm   Ă´Âť\  ÂĽ*)($ !"Ă»  Ă´ĂĽĂ°Ă·áĂ©$Ăż/  Ă´ĂĽ ¸$°/   Ă´ñĂ´‰‡Ÿ(‘Ü0  Ă¤ ĂĽĂ–Ăž0  t#2A@/-<+:IH'%4BA@/.<+ýþIH'&Ă°N  Ă´@/)HøĂżP!4'XøÿÎ`  O8‡ÂŹ/  P(Ă·Ăż/  4./0!"#$'(úÿ"! /')*+ /,:)8'&ĂĽ  PĂ´Ăľ¨ ì0   ĂĽi(%¤ÂĽ- a>  Ă”Ăł'
öôÀ  ÂĽ+)%´ĂŚ)%´¬-!-!#]   ñôÔò0  p´‡ÂŹ8¡ì0  °¸
¨ Ăś0  a’Ă°Ă»3ì04A  2’©1
ò2A  ’©H70ì8A   Oõ  2’šE1ò8A  øÿDøÿĹ’ Ăś Ĺ’N  Â”%(ýÿ šo0  Ă´ĂĽo   )ĂĽĂż8'%$#A0/'8I*,.@!>  Ă Ă´ĂŞo  T#A0Ăż\)ýÿX'TOP!)h7 XI*,/@!.   Ă„?7<08~   
ĂĽ+(Ă· Ăľ 57øo  Ă´ÂŹ=Ĺ’„'()JB! /],   ¤%.ĂŚ   OXOĂ”%.ĂŚ   Ă´ òÇ,‰Ï  Â´3ĂĽ /  Â¤+Aœ„IPAhAĹ“@  Â¤Ă·„)JB!?|  4$"A@/-;IH'%"AP,+IX'Ăż  |¤„l\o  ĂŻĂ”Tóöo  Â¤P)+#1}  S   „@HCÂĽ!)o   ¤|- QY(%AB¬@  Â¤­’šÀ  Â¤Ĺ’19Ĺ’19Ĺ“/   ’š”®0  D./08'&4#pì+(GO #2  „Ëś÷ö0  ’©H3 ì8A  ’©81`ì4A  ’©H5 ì8A  Ô¬xOM   Oõ  `h EOF

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic