CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 1741
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew user looking for program recommendations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tanarvan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New user looking for program recommendations
    Posted: 14.Dec.2022 at 05:34
Hi, I'm not very experienced with using CAD. I have been using Trimble sketchup for years to design things for personal use, but im working on a new project and sketchup is missing some of the features I require. If someone can direct me to a program that suites my needs it would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to create a layout for some roadways and walking paths through my property. I'm not looking for accurate details of the roadways/paths, but just the gps locations of these paths. The reason I am wanting to do it this way is that the property is currently all forest and without a proper survey, I can't tell the proximity of one road to another. I would like to be able to create a design and then export gps coordinates from that design to a handheld gps so that I can see where I am in real world in relation to the layout. A couple of programs I have come across are Infraworks and microworks, but I feel like these may be a bit overkill for my needs. One more feature I would like to have is a basic 2d or 3d object creater. This would be handy for giving me a reference for things such as a shed

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic