CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 9227
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLayer order and printing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
weps View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2007
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Layer order and printing
    Posted: 27.Apr.2017 at 04:53
Hello, all

I'm newbie here.
I just move to new office for last 2 months. I find a problem here with layer order and printing in autocad.
I try to manage layer with drawing order command, (mostly to hide other layer behind), plot it in paper space and then print.
The problem is, the result. The line on paper look like pile up. For example, I have layer-1 (dash linetype) and layer-2 (cont linetype). I bring layer-2 above layer-1 in order to hide layer-1. But I found dash and continuous line (in one line) on paper result.
Anyway, I use autocad 2007.

I wish advice to fix this issue from you all.
Thank you Smile

maheshm View Drop Down

Using: 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03.Aug.2017 at 13:38
HI!

I CAN HELP YOU. WHEN YOU TAKING PRINTOUT YOU SHOULD SWITCH THE FREEZE OPTION ON LAYER PROPERTIES MANEGER  
maheshm
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03.Aug.2017 at 15:43
Well it's been three months since the OP posted his question.  Either he figured it out on his own or he gave up and changed his profession.

Another option available in the Layer Properties Manager would be to set the layer to "no print" (i.e. - red diagonal line through printer icon).

Edited by John Connor - 03.Aug.2017 at 15:43
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

maheshm View Drop Down

Using: 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08.Aug.2017 at 11:31
yes both way is possible
maheshm
weps View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2007
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08.Aug.2017 at 11:42
Originally posted by John Connor John Connor wrote:

Well it's been three months since the OP posted his question.  Either he figured it out on his own or he gave up and changed his profession.

Another option available in the Layer Properties Manager would be to set the layer to "no print" (i.e. - red diagonal line through printer icon).

Thanks for all responses. I'll try the suggestion.

Well, John Connor, I'm still in my last job anyway. Not figure the problem out yet nor gave up and change my profession. anyway, John, "her" profession. Not "his". I'm woman. Thanks for the response again :D
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08.Aug.2017 at 19:48
What the heck kind of name is "weps" anyway?  Now maybe if it were "weeps" I might think it female but even that would be a stretch.

You never fully explained your problem so unless you can provide an example drawing and tell us what the "before" and "after" should look like and then let us try to get you those results we're just spinning our wheels here.  Why would you let a problem like this linger all this time.  It would bug the heck out of me to go this long without a viable solution.  I wouldn't stop searching for an answer.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic