CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 17194
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLifting Plan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
goalkarthick View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2017
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lifting Plan
    Posted: 15.Dec.2019 at 07:17
      Hi, I am working in Construction field as Mechanical Engineer from past 2 years. I want to learn about Heavy Lift Plan for construction erection process. How can i get the Crane lift plan generator Autocad file to prepare lifting plan. 
      I have knowledge about lifting tools & tackles for erection activities and reading the crane load chart to prepare the lifing plan.
      I am preparing the lifting plan in Autocad like simply copy the crane sketch from pdf file and entering the details like boom length radius superlift counterweight details etc.
      I want the Autocad file like adjust the boom length radius jib length etc to enter the value. So please instruct me where can i get the full Lifting plan generator wizard...  
philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.Dec.2019 at 09:08
Hello goalkarthick, if you want AutoCAD files of cranes you are at the right place.
Go to the CAD/BIM Blocks section ( see on the left of your screen ) and launch a search with the brand of the choosen crane like : LIEBHERR, DEMAG, etc... and you will find a lot including my files both in 2D and 3D.
Some companies are giving their AutoCAD files like LIEBHERR, TADANO, etc...
If you are doing a lifting plan you will have to built a document conformably to some "norms" or internal rules of your society giving eventually a lot of safety instructions.
In any case it's better to do a real technical study than a "simple" approximate lifting plan with only written instructions.

I would recommend to be very well documented with the norms of your country and try to find on the internet:
Bechtel_Rigging_Handbook_2nd_edition_Part_1[1].pdf 

I would also recommend to use the MANITOWOC-GROVE software : PADLOADS available only on the internet to verify your crane configurations and get the loads on the pads.

Please tell me (us) if this helped or not.

Edited by philippe JOSEPH - 15.Dec.2019 at 09:16
goalkarthick View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.Dec.2019 at 09:49
Thank for your reply...

What i am asking is any common autocad file is there to prepare Lifting Plan for all cranes?
for example i want to prepare lifting plan in SWSL mode and i know the Material weight, Main Boom length, Jib length, Lifting radius, crane capacity (SWL) Super lift mast and Superlift counter weight etc... I prepared the plan in hard copy roughly and now i am asking is can i get the autocad file to animate the plan.
I need the auto cad file like if i enter main boom length 30 mtr and jib length 42 mtr then the animation picture will shown in Autocad.  The same way i want change the details in all lifts in one file.   

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.Dec.2019 at 12:08
Hello again, if I understand what you need all cranes are not exactly the same ( dimensions of the base and outriggers location ).
What is also different are the lifting capacities at the same lifting radius and height.
The best is to communicate with the lifting company if you hire the crane in a way to know exactly the brand and model of the crane really used on site.
You can make a first step by dimensionning approximatively the crane to be used and then ask what is available.
If you give me an email adress I can send you a little pdf tutoriel about how to dimension a crane.
Do you know how to determine a crane capacity ?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.Dec.2019 at 12:22
Hello again, I don't have a "special AutoCAD file" ready for use to create a lifting plan.
What I use is a common file with the tittle block, paper format, page numbering, etc... of my company.
Generally the lifting plans eventually including extracts of the real lifting study are done whith WORD or EXCELL by others than I.
If you want to create a "standard" lifting plan it will not be an obligation to do it with AutoCAD but it won't be 100% exact.

Edited by philippe JOSEPH - 15.Dec.2019 at 12:22

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.Dec.2019 at 12:27
Search on the internet this interesting PDF file :
LiftingPlanGuidelines_WGDRAFT_for_Industry_and_Public_Comment.pdf
CAD Lifting View Drop Down

Using: Autocad/Inventor/Solidworks
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.May.2020 at 16:47
 Hi, try these apps:
- Cranimax
- Lifting Planner
- Liccon
- Check video clips of Crane Lifting Drawing Automation (2D & 3D) 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG5S5KfV9P0

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.May.2020 at 17:44
Hello CAD Lifting, I took a look at thoses apps :
Cranimax is not for free, Lifting Planner not found, Liccon is from Liebherr and available if you buy a Liebherr crane.
I took a look at the videos but what are they for ?
On the other hand I was very interrested for : Crane Planner 2.0 - Liebherr ( not for free and only for crawlers cranes ) that I found among other things on the internet.

Edited by philippe JOSEPH - 15.May.2020 at 17:47

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.May.2020 at 17:53
OK CAD Lifting I took an other look at YOUR VIDEOS and they are good for the use of your AutoCAD blocks, are they available ?
CAD Lifting View Drop Down

Using: Autocad/Inventor/Solidworks
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.May.2020 at 18:18
 the video clips were beta copies of the application i developed for my clients to check...
- 2D/3D Auto Draw Crane Lifting Plan tailored to fit client request, It is being owned now by my clients 
  but i can give you crane blocks. 
- What Crane Models do you need? 

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic