CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 7360
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedspecial dimensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
beardencad View Drop Down

Using: autocad 2017
Direct Link To This Post Topic: special dimensions
    Posted: 20.Nov.2020 at 16:03
I everyone's! I need a imperial dimension font without the prefix and suffix  ex: 9 feet and  2 inches =  
appearance like this:  9-2  (instead of 9'-2")
Does anyone can help me to how to create my own dimension font ?  (or already created one?)
For AutoCAD classic
Thank you very much all of you!!
Denis
John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27.Nov.2020 at 15:00
Why?  The feet and inches symbols are a function of the unit format which in this case can be either Architectural or Engineering.  You could always choose to use Decimal.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29.Nov.2020 at 10:00
Yes I agree with John that the "units" should be part of the dimensions but you can also use the "fractional" units as shown but without feet/foot :
See also on the internet :

Edited by philippe JOSEPH - 29.Nov.2020 at 12:43
Kent Cooper View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2020, 2023
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07.Dec.2020 at 14:14
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/make-a-dimension-style-with-no-foot-or-inch-marks/m-p/7652743/highlight/true#M913344

Edited by Kent Cooper - 07.Dec.2020 at 14:16
beardencad View Drop Down

Using: autocad 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28.Dec.2020 at 01:31
Space matters. The reason why I am looking for that kind of "dimension" is: I realize a lot of "fire protection sprinkler installation" in many type of buildings, condos etc. Because I keep all the walls, door frames, and all the architecture stuff, I have to put dimensions on "all the lines" [the long and short one's] for fabrication on site, so my drawings becomes so heavy of informations, it is hard to read dimensions sometimes. Some sprinklers companies already use that kind of dimensions in Quebec province (Canada)  but don't want  share their dimensions. So this is it, this is the reasons of my request!
I would like to thank you every one who took time to answer my post!  Sorry for all the misspelling in my sentences.  My regards,

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic