CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 12412
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedsimplifying 3d object

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sjaggie View Drop Down

Using: AUtoCAD 2017
Direct Link To This Post Topic: simplifying 3d object
    Posted: 27.Dec.2020 at 16:55
I have a 3d object of a landscape with details of mountains, craters, cracks, etc. I need to downsize the model from approximately 10 cm down to 1 cm. I would like to drop the high details of the model but remain enough to recognize the mayor shapes

Is there a tool/function to do this in AutoCAD 2017?

Once the object has been resized, I would like to "wrap" it around a second object. A sphere or cylinder. Is this also possible?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27.Dec.2020 at 18:00
Hello sjaggie, you shouldn't have to resize your 3D or 2D object as it should have been drawn with a certain unit that you can set for it to be used in diferent files with eventually different units ( better insert it rather than copy/paste from file to file ).
See  the command UNITS.
If you really scale it do it all from the coordinate 0,0,0 for it to remain located in an X,Y,Z coordinate system.
If you insert it it becomes a block that you can "resize" with the command SCALE.
I don't know about wrapping the object around a cylinder or maybe if it's an image and even less aroud a sphere...

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic