CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 2900
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRetain Attribute Data Regardless of Visibility St.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
crb3113 View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2021
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Retain Attribute Data Regardless of Visibility St.
    Posted: 18.Feb.2021 at 21:50
Hello,
I have a dynamic block with 2 visibility states and 2 attributes. The purpose of the 2 visibility states is simply to either show or not show 1 of the attributes (the prefix) on the drawing. Regardless of the visibility state, I still want the attribute to exist and be edited so when I run a data extraction, I have the information. There will be instances on the same drawing where some blocks will have the prefix visible and some not visible. What I get from my block is not what I expect; when I choose to not show the prefix (visibility state where it is hidden), the prefix attribute no longer exists. Any idea on how to toggle the visibility while still maintaining the data? Thank you in advance!

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic