CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 17914
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed3d drawing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
frezlyantony View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3d drawing
    Posted: 03.Oct.2009 at 15:05
hi buddy
i've done 3d drawing in autocad 2010.but the size of that drawing abt 71mb.am not able to even render that drawing.any one can tell me the tip to reduce the file size of that 3d drawing.
all replies are welcome....

some one says scale down the drawing from centimeter to mm.
i've done that too.after that the size was 48mb.but still have the problem to render.can anyone tell me the helpful tip to reduce the size..

thanks
D.O.G View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21.Oct.2009 at 14:26
have you tryed to block objects or try to purge. 
wihanlouw View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21.Oct.2009 at 14:40

Have you tried overkill?

KobusErasmus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29.Oct.2009 at 14:16
Two options, upgrade your hardware as rendering takes a serious amount of processor power, RAM and graphic card spec.  Also try to install a solid state hard drive....all these might or might not work, depending on your overall machine spec and how the 3D model was put together.

You might have too much detail on your model, this can range from simply too much 3D detail, i.e. showing stuff like threads, bolt holes, bolts & nuts, etc. or when you want to show surface details like bump maps, texture and so on.  Lighting also eats processing power and eventually if you ask too much of the machine you'll get either a freeze or sometimes the notorious Autodesk error message or even the BSOD.

Generally a 3D file of that size is actually on the small side, my files tend to be up to 100 mb +.  The machine I use runs Win XP, Nvidia Geforce 8600T g/c with 512 mb on board ram, 2.8 Gig CPU and 4 Gigs Ram and it will take about 12 minutes on a 80 mb file with lots of detail to render.

Hope it gives you some insight.
Kobus Erasmus
Piping design draughting
Contract draughting
skaper View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2015
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30.Oct.2009 at 12:54
tray this:
file-drawing ulilities-purge-purge all
tulip3D View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2011, Inventor2011
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30.Oct.2009 at 14:29
I'll have to agree with KobusErasmus and say either dumb down the detail (metalic surfaces are killers too), or upgrade your hardware.
salmansafder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.Nov.2009 at 06:40
< ="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10">

Blogs are always a main source of getting accurate information and provide you the handy results; you can get instant and reliable information which surely helps you in any field of your concern. I am post graduate in IT and HR. These days I am doing preparation of different online certifications and I found

ccie practice test

guide is the best helping source which is providing 100% authentic material. I also spend my extra time in surfing internet, listening music and playing games. After my exams I would like to join your group.

Regards

Marry Davidson

ochki View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.Nov.2009 at 07:51
 civil 3d 2010 leisson help my
mining

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic