CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 10061
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedpiston animation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sw33ney View Drop Down

Using: Inventor2011, 3DSMAX2011
Direct Link To This Post Topic: piston animation
    Posted: 22.Apr.2011 at 13:46

I have a small question although hope to also help others use with my knowledge in the future.

I am fairly new to 3DS MAX and am working on a small animation for a piston pump.  I have managed to get the shaft and piston head moving in the correct motion using an expression controller and now trying to get the arm part to work in sync is causing me problems, it just seems to be largely out of place.  There is probably a simple solution for the problem although as I am new i am still getting to grips with the software.  I have attached a file for the scene, if anyone could have a look and give advice or let me know what im doing wrong it would be highly appreciated.  Thanks.

S

The attachment feature doesn’t seem to be working therefore i have uploaded the file to this link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9rq0pz

rendermen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Using: 3ds max design
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03.May.2011 at 21:37
I am very new as well but from what I can see your piston rod is mated to your cam pin but not the piston. The mate  you do have is not concentric to the centers. It appears to be mated on the od of the pin not the center axis.
I have not done any constants in 3ds yet. I would like to know how to do that.
Renderman
jackyyy View Drop Down

Using: AUTOCAD
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14.Dec.2011 at 16:50
I have no knowledge about piston animation ,, but i love to be heard abou ds one ....
rendermen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Using: 3ds max design
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14.Dec.2011 at 23:27
Check this out. This may help.

Edited by rendermen - 14.Dec.2011 at 23:28
Renderman

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic