CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 8506
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAutocad - Beginner (Help for some simple tasks)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Sarah90 View Drop Down

Using: Autocad2015
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Autocad - Beginner (Help for some simple tasks)
    Posted: 15.Oct.2015 at 11:27
Hello. Im just starting to use AutoCad and need some help to understand it. If someone could do this easy figures for me in a Autocad and at he same time tell me step by step what you're doing I would be SUPER happy! These figures should be very quickly done if someone knows autocad. Thank you very much <3

John Connor View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2018
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.Oct.2015 at 11:29
You want someone here to do your assignments?

When is it due to be handed in?

Is the assignment to just draw the lines as shown or to draw AND dimension them as shown?

What have you managed to do so far on your own?

Edited by John Connor - 15.Oct.2015 at 11:30
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Sarah90 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.Oct.2015 at 11:45
It's need to be done by 00:00 tonight. This is the first assignment I ever had on drawings in AutoCad, and I can see I don't know much about it. How can I know what lines do draw(coordinates) out of the dimensions? The assignment is about to just draw the lines, and the dimensions are just there to help. Im sorry but I havent managed much for myself :p

Thank you for quick answer and I would be very happy if you could help :)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.Oct.2015 at 11:52
It should take you less than five minutes to draw the lines AND dimension them as well for the first two figures.  I know because I just did it.

For figure one make sure Orthomode is enabled then start the line command.  Pick your start point then drag your cursor to the right.  STOP.  Go to your command line.  Type in the number 70.  Now drag your cursor upwards.  STOP.  Go to the command line and type in the number 20.  Keep repeating until you have drawn all the lines.  This is called direct entry input.
"Humans have a strength that cannot be measured. This is John Connor. If you are reading this, you are the resistance."

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.Oct.2015 at 11:54

Yes, I really did draw both figures.

Edited by John Connor - 15.Oct.2015 at 11:54

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.Oct.2015 at 12:00
Figure 3 and 4 are the same for some odd reason.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.Oct.2015 at 12:12
You should have had figure one drawn by now Sarah.  It is the easiest one of the bunch to do.  If you are struggling with figure one then you are going to have even more problems with some of the other figures like figure five for example.

Everything here should have been covered in class. 

Figure five with a little extra information thrown in.

Here's how to draw figure five using the polyline command or PLINE as it is called.  This is all done from the command line after starting the command and picking your first point.

Command: _pline
Specify start point: pick your first point then type in exactly what you see below.  Press the Enter key after each input.
Current line-width is 0.0000
Specify next point or [Arc/Halfwidth/Length/Undo/Width]: @48<90

Specify next point or [Arc/Close/Halfwidth/Length/Undo/Width]: @92<0

Specify next point or [Arc/Close/Halfwidth/Length/Undo/Width]: @66<300

Specify next point or [Arc/Close/Halfwidth/Length/Undo/Width]: @70<210

Specify next point or [Arc/Close/Halfwidth/Length/Undo/Width]: @100<180

Specify next point or [Arc/Close/Halfwidth/Length/Undo/Width]:

Edited by John Connor - 15.Oct.2015 at 13:24

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Sarah90 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.Oct.2015 at 12:20
Originally posted by John Connor John Connor wrote:

It should take you less than five minutes to draw the lines AND dimension them as well for the first two figures.  I know because I just did it.

For figure one make sure Orthomode is enabled then start the line command.  Pick your start point then drag your cursor to the right.  STOP.  Go to your command line.  Type in the number 70.  Now drag your cursor upwards.  STOP.  Go to the command line and type in the number 20.  Keep repeating until you have drawn all the lines.  This is called direct entry input.

I enable orthomode, f8, right? Use line function "l", start drawing to right, stops, and write number 70 (in the "l" function or just the "type a command" setting?) should the "dimensions" come by itself after typing 70? Cant get the dimensions up.... Nothing happens when I write "70"

Feeling really bad here now. Havent had classes on autocad, just got this assignment to learn by ourself before we move further.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.Oct.2015 at 12:24
What do you mean you haven't had any classes?  How can you have an assignment but not have a class?

Have you looked at any online tutorials?

You type the dimension of 70 after the AutoCAD prompt.  This is what you should see on screen:

Command: L
LINE
Specify first point: you pick your first point onscreen
Specify next point or [Undo]: 70

Now do you understand?

Edited by John Connor - 15.Oct.2015 at 12:25

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15.Oct.2015 at 12:32
We'll make this one easier with a three step process.  You'll need to use either the Trim or Fillet command to clean up the intersection of the two crossed lines.

<<AutoCAD 2015>>

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic