CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 10699
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAutoCAD 2002 help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mariogriffiths View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2002
Direct Link To This Post Topic: AutoCAD 2002 help
    Posted: 20.Aug.2021 at 12:29
HI, 
My Dad's old PC has just died, he's being using AutoCAD 2002 on it for nearly 20 years, he's 70 and doesn't want to learn how to use a new version of CAD for the last couple of years before he retires. 
I've managed to buy a new copy of 2002 off eBay, however it turns out it is a French version.
Does anyone know how i could change the language over to English? 
I'm guessing i could download a file and stick it into the folder, maybe change where the shortcut is sending it to?
Any help would be great. 

Thanks in advance!
philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20.Aug.2021 at 14:15
Hello Mario, I don't know if it's possible to change language but on my french version you can at least type any command in french or english and you have here in the site an excellent AutoCAD dictionary with various languages.
That dictionnary helped me a lot when working in Spain on a spanish version and there are not so many frequently used commands.
A lot of shortcuts are working good : L is OK for lines ( lignes ), A is OK for arc ( arc ), etc...
Try to rely on the icons and try to modify your .PGP file ( by adding things more than changing things ).
Hope this will release your pain...

Edited by philippe JOSEPH - 20.Aug.2021 at 14:21

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21.Aug.2021 at 07:41
I see that I still have my own small AutoCAD dictionnary "hand extracted" from the original one from CadForum in 2 pages.
Give me an email adress and I will send it to you in PDF and Excel.

I think that you can find the PDF of the "users-guide" somewhere in your (C) disk, go to : C \ program or C \ Program Files and laucnch a search with :
AutoCAD_2002_command-ref_enu
And / or :
Autocad_2002_pdf_users-guide_fra and you should find the 2 PDF.
The english one will be set in alphabetic order and the french one should be set "by subjects".

Edited by philippe JOSEPH - 21.Aug.2021 at 07:55
mariogriffiths View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD 2002
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22.Aug.2021 at 12:37
Thank you Joseph, my email address is mariogriffiths@hotmail.co.uk

Thank would be a great help.
Kent Cooper View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD2020, 2023
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28.Aug.2021 at 14:20
You can enter any command or option in English in AutoCAD versions for any language if you prefix it with an _underscore character.  This works for command names, such as _LINE, _BLOCK, _MOVE, etc., and for options within commands such as _width, _set, _color, etc., and also for Object Snap modes such as _end, _mid, _int, etc.  Include the underscore prefix in commonly used commands and options in things like Tool Palette buttons.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11.Sep.2021 at 11:49
Yes kent you are right, you have to place that underscore to launch a command in english, I had forgotten this.
One other thing : you have some kind of dictionary inside AutoCAD by launching successfully a command in english, work that command or get out of it with escape on your keyboard and then launch it with Enter or a right clic on your mouse or what you have selected to be : Repeat the last command.
At that time you will read on your command line the command in french wrote in capital letters ( eventually press F2 if not readable ).

Edited by philippe JOSEPH - 11.Sep.2021 at 13:47

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic