CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 18213
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLayout Printing Change

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GPaynes View Drop Down

Using: Autocad 2016
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Layout Printing Change
    Posted: 29.Nov.2021 at 16:55
Hi,
I have a problem with layout printing. Usually I print in 24 x 36 but sometime I print small details in 8.5 x 11 or 11 x 17. my problem is when I print details using a different printer my layout setup using a plotter for 24 x36 (which have 
drawing
 title block with all the informations and scale) have been replace by the size I used for the printer details.

I looked up the web and searched some forums but couldn't find the answer for it. Is there any way when I setup a layout with all the informations to be lock no matter what I use in another printing layout? Confused

Thank you, 
GPayne
philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30.Nov.2021 at 07:24
Hello GPaynes, could : ( Plot scale )  Fit to paper + Apply to Layout do the job in your plot settings ?
I know that some people doesn't like Fit to paper but if you set a paper size that shinks the margins of your little 8.5 x 11 and/or 11 x 17 inches it works fine.
My solution is to look at the Plot scale indicated when you launch a print : Scale X in. = Y unit and do a rectangle inside the real paper size in that ratio and launch the print 24 x 36 on the real big size or launch the print 8.5 x 11 on the internal paper size to keep an exact scale.
The scale will be down sized by the ratio between the paper sizes but not exactly because :
36 / 24 = 1.5   ,  11 / 8.5 = 1.29...  ,  17 / 11 = 1.54...
Ask for more 

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic